graffiti on millennium bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 25 March 2002 2.47pm
Has anyone else noticed the graffiti on the Millennium Bridge? I walked across it on sunday and there was quite a bit of it. I\'ve also noticed that a glass pane has been smashed on the bridge. Obviously this stuff needs to be cleared off as soon as it appears so the vandals aren\'t encouraged to do more of it. Does anyone know who is responsible for maintainng the bridge?

best wishes to you all

John
Monday 25 March 2002 3.14pm
Its really sad about the graffitti. The Corporation of London are responsible for the maintenance of the bridge and have a good record for cleanliness, so hopefully they will sort it out soon.
Tuesday 26 March 2002 12.51pm
I have since contacted the Corporation of London regarding the grafitti and they tell me they are aware of it but and working to get it removed but do so immediately for the following reasons:-

1. Estimates for the work have to be done
2. They need to research the type of paint removers they use to ensure that they do not use chemicals that could be harmful to the aluminium structure or the river
3. There is a potential prosecution with regards the grafitti and they need to work with the police to ensure they do not remove the evidence too soon.
liz
Tuesday 26 March 2002 9.15pm
good on you eleanor!
Friday 29 March 2002 9.13pm
Well done Eleanor, I found the graffiti very depressing and I am concerned that it will be targetted again

Can the Corporation not improve security-there are very few cameras especially at the south end and perhaps the approaches at least need to be better lit to determine these people ?

Who is the contact at the City Corporation ?

Alan

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: