Seville oranges

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 30 January 2010 10.14pm
Having saved various jars, invested in a thermometer, and bought some sugar all in preparation for making marmalade this year, I am yet to find any Seville Oranges for sale locally (this includes Waitrose St Katherine's Dock). Has anyone seen any?
Saturday 30 January 2010 11.17pm
Hiya
the nearest place is actually waitrose in St Katherine's docks.
Hope this helps :)
Saturday 30 January 2010 11.31pm
in the past I have bought them wholesale from Borough Market.A box isn't as expensive as you might think...supply might be limited and more expensive this year as Spain has had some bad frost
Sunday 31 January 2010 3.45pm
I managed to find Seville Oranges in a newly opened Waitrose in Kent about 10 days ago. In the past I have found Seville Oranges at the larger Sainsburys.
Sunday 31 January 2010 11.06pm
If I am not wrong the veg & fruit shop just next to Black & Blue restaurant at the Borough Market does have them.
Monday 1 February 2010 9.19am
Borough Market's the place. I got mine a couple of weeks ago for 1.80 a kilo. There are a few stalls selling them and you need to shop around a bit because some were ridiculously expensive (4 a kilo? I think not!). The guy I always get mine from has a stall at the edge/outdoors, rather than under the covered market. He also sells big unwaxed lemons which you'll need as well. Hurry though because the season is nearly over! Happy marmalading.
Monday 1 February 2010 6.08pm
Thanks for the tips, everyone. Appreciated.
Saturday 11 September 2010 8.33pm
Folks, my humble first attempt at marmalade making earlier this year won me First Prize at todays Bermondsey & Rotherhithe Horticultural Society's annual Produce Show! There were only a few entires but its motivating to have success at your first go.

It was a great event with some impressive entries (the parsnips won Best in Show). Hopefully next year we'll have more success with our pot grown vegetables and have a go at the non domestic classes.
Zoe
Saturday 11 September 2010 9.29pm
Well done
Saturday 11 September 2010 11.37pm
Well done, I didn't know there was such a society! Have you got contact details?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: