Butcher near London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 31 January 2010 3.20pm
I live on Weston Street and was wondering if anyone could recommend a butcher in the area?
I have been to Borough Market, but their prices are too high for my pocket...
Sunday 31 January 2010 4.12pm
suffolk meats on great suffolk street is fantastic and much cheaper than borough mkt
Sunday 31 January 2010 6.38pm
I can second the recommendation of Suffolk Meats - cheap and very accommodating. If you want something specific, call them the day before and they'll get it ready for you...
Sunday 31 January 2010 7.33pm
I'll add my endorsement. The prices are very sensible. A world away from The Ginger Pig - although the meat at The Ginger Pig is undeniably excellent.
Monday 1 February 2010 11.32am
I too can recommend Suffolk Meats - esp friendliness and good service.
A bit futher away is Muscat Butcerhs
13 Peckham Park Road, London SE15 jsut off Old Kent Road.
Three brothers - great service, great meat and a good choice of stuff. Plus they will order.
Monday 1 February 2010 5.16pm
Thank you all, gonna try Suffolk Meat first since that's the closest :)
Monday 1 February 2010 11.19pm
Suffolk Meats is good quality and good value.
I can also highly recommend RS Ashby on Crimscott St (just off Grange Road) - see www.rsashby.co.uk, 020 7231 4568. They sell to caterers/restaurants but they also sell to the public. I usually phone to place an order then call around to pick it up. They are really helpful and friendly, the quality is fantastic and I think it is very cheap! The lamb loin chops are amazing and went down a treat with our friends over summer bbqs (along with the pork and leek sausages and the rib eye steaks).
Wednesday 3 February 2010 3.15pm
Can anyone else recommend RS Ashby's meat? Always found Suffolk Meats good
Wednesday 3 February 2010 6.01pm
Also try the Bermondsey Square Farmers' Market on Saturday 10 - 2
Thursday 4 February 2010 11.59am
jw wrote:
Can anyone else recommend RS Ashby's meat? Always found Suffolk Meats good

Yes I can, and agree with wexnz comments. The only downside is there is not counter so you can not look and choose so you really need to know what you want. and they are only open in the mornings mon-fri which doesnt suit everyone. Price and quality far better than the supermarkets.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: