New London Bridge House about to disappear

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Monday 1 February 2010 4.59pm
7am this morning a large crane was raising scaffolding to the top floors. Just came home now and parts of the scaffolding has appeared out the window of the 7th floor from the top. Probably be demolished in a matter of weeks. The replacement 'Baby Shard' or 'Gem' pictured on skyscrapernews.com doesn't look anything like the main SHARD in shape to me.
The 'Pinnacle' in the background below is nearing completion as well.

Related news & features

Monday 1 February 2010 10.20pm
Nice shot Phoney.

Thats the Heron Tower in the background though. The Pinnacle is still a hole in the ground.

Apologies for being a bit of a skyscrapers nerd.
Monday 1 February 2010 11.47pm
Cheers Gordon
For weeks now I thought that was the Pinnacle. I keep getting my towers mixed up. It's all the excitement of the fantastic new buildings springing up.
Wednesday 3 February 2010 2.44am
*remembers when it was all fields round here.....*
Saturday 6 March 2010 1.52pm
I wonder how tall the pyramids would have been if the Pharaohs had these cranes.
Saturday 6 March 2010 7.18pm
its a shame they ditched the old design, new planned baby shard not much to look at IMO....but better than what is there now i guess....
Saturday 20 March 2010 12.56pm
Unique advertising space available for short period
Promote your website to the whole of SE1 with wraparound banner.
Saturday 20 March 2010 1.32pm
Here's a disconcerting picture of a digger being lifted onto the top of the tower:

http://twitpic.com/18pveq

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 20 March 2010 2.57pm
Having seen no facilities on the riverbank being built to handle the rubble from the demolition, it seems that the residents of SE1 will suffer from months of tipper movements through their streets and past their homes.

Given the recent tragic death of a cyclist by a tipper that may well have been associated with The Shard, may we perhaps hope that these tippers will respect the 20 mph limits, respect residents and their neighborhoods and not kill any more cyclists.
Wednesday 24 March 2010 10.52am
The latest design for the replacement building and bus station on this site was approved last night:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/4444

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: