Kittens

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
p_w
Thursday 4 February 2010 2.30pm
I am looking to adopt or buy a tabby kitten.

It will have lots of love and care, and we are used to have cats at home and know how to take care of them. Sadly our cat passed away last year after being with us for 14 years, and I believe we are ready to take a new pet into our loving family.

Do you know anyone who is looking for a good home for their kittens? Or could you suggest where I should be looking for adverts?

Thanks a lot!
Thursday 4 February 2010 2.58pm
Kittens are a bit seasonal - as cats come into season in spring and summer. I would strongly recommend rehoming through either Battersea Dogs&Cats Home or through Celia Hammond (they have a centre in Lewisham). Most rehoming centres will ask you questions about the place the kitten will be going to and often make a home visit. This is normal practice now but nothing to worry about (though I was as nervous as before an exam!). The rehoming process is explained on their websites.
You might find that there are kittens available in the next few weeks or so... they'll be able to advise you. Any kitten from a good rehoming place will come innoculated and id-chipped. Also they will advise re neutering (new kitten probably too young to have been done already).
We rehomed two 5 month old kittens and their mum at New Year and it's been brilliant. So I wish you the best of luck.
Thursday 4 February 2010 3.08pm
Hi. I know how sad it is to lose a family pet, having lost Sam - my Tabby - just before his 15th Birthday. I was fortunate to have been adopted by a beautiful 6 month old youngster [Hutch] a couple of years before Sam died; he missed Sam, too. Hutch is now almost 13....

You might like to try the Celia Hammond Trust:

http://www.celiahammond.org/ which is a wonderful organisation, or:

http://www.cats.org.uk/

and there is always:

http://www.battersea.org.uk/ - which is now the Battersea Cats and Dogs Home.

I'm sure you will find a new furry friend through these excellent charities. Good luck and purrs from Hutch.

Time for my tablets.....:p
Thursday 4 February 2010 5.24pm
p-w

have you thought about adopting a mature cat? there are many lovely ones at Celia Hammond trust and Battersea who need rehoming
Monday 8 February 2010 2.39pm
Please try Celia Hammond Trust in SE13.They always have kittens of many colours. Wonderful staff and dedicated vets. They may want to visit and discuss re-homing however if you are a cat lover its worth it. We have two "difficult to home" adult cats from the trust and they are a joy.
p_w
Monday 8 February 2010 3.16pm
Thank you for your reply. I've checked their website, they only allow to adopt kittens in pairs or kitten with mother. I am afraid I am ready to care for only one cat at the moment.
Monday 8 February 2010 4.23pm
Try Battersea Dogs' Home. They are very good.
Monday 8 February 2010 5.22pm
DON't try celia hammond - they rehome kittens in pairs only and never make or keep appointments for the vetting in our experience, AVOID
Wednesday 10 February 2010 2.00pm
I'm sorry you had bad experience with Celia Hammond, Kellandj - having dealt with them very recently (4 weeks ago) I was very pleased with the whole experience. Se1 is in the catchment area for the Lewisham centre and they called back within the two days advertised. Visited the day after that at the appointed time. And we left the centre with our cats the following day. All good.
P-W: I understand that they do home kittens in pairs or with mum so that might not work for you if you only want one cat. Suggest that Battersea or some of the other rehoming places might be able to help in a few weeks. Or if you are able to take a slightly older animal there are sometimes single cats who prefer not to compete for affection with other felines :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: