Mums Get Together

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 5 February 2010 10.02pm
Hi - I just moved to the SE1 area from the US with my husband and 5 month old daughter and am looking for mum's groups or get together's. Let me know if you are interested in meeting up!

Betsy
Friday 5 February 2010 11.09pm
Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't have any children, but just wanted to wish you luck in finding something suitable.
Saturday 6 February 2010 7.32am
Well done Betsy, I'm afraid my youngest grandchild is four and a half, but goodness knows there are enough mums around...well done. And anyway come and join in to some of our activities. Where do you live? Se1 is pretty big.
Saturday 6 February 2010 9.43am
If you are anywhere near the John Harvard Library on the Borough High Street, they have regular and busy events for parents and children. Last time I was there, there was a huge group, having a ball.
Jac
Saturday 6 February 2010 10.45am
Welcome Have a look at the social section of this sites, There is a bumps and babies club which i think is exactly what you are looking for. and why not look at the other activities for non baby focus social interaction, such as stitch and bitch and book club. You will soon be making lots of friends in SE1:)
CVM
Saturday 6 February 2010 11.56am
Hello,
I have a nine month old daughter and I found loads of local things to do and lots of mummy friends through the yahoo group called Borough babies. I would definitely recommend joining up, we also meet every week for coffee and new comers are always welcome.
Saturday 6 February 2010 2.09pm
Join riverside parents (riversideparents.co.uk) free local group. We run a soft-play session at Downside centre 3 times a week for any kids under five. We have an area with mats for babies too. Details on the web site. Welcome to SE1 - best place in London to live with kids!

Borough babies yahoo group also very good for ideas.
Saturday 6 February 2010 10.09pm
On the same topic (ish) does anyone know of activities on a Saturday for children aged 5yrs up. A friend asked and all I could think of were Morley College family art classes. Any other ideas?
Sunday 7 February 2010 12.13am
You could try the Horniman Museum, they have regular activities at weekends. Last week my friend took her little boy to a kite making session, and afterwards they took it into the gardens and they flew it - it actually worked! The museum itself is very child-friendly too.
Wednesday 10 February 2010 7.37pm
Thanks Auntie Pat, have looked up their website and not only do they have a regular Saturday activity but loads of stuff going on in half term too. Never would have thought to look!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: