Royal Oak

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
rm
Friday 12 March 2004 9.02am
I can't wait any longer... I'm going to have to try one of the steak and kidney puddings at the royal oak. Can someone tell me where it is and if they serve food on sat evenings?
Friday 12 March 2004 10.15am
They're very rarely open on Saturdays (or Sundays. I thought it was a ghost pub at first because I only ever seemed to pass it on weekends and it was always shut). If you can push a longer than usual lunch break, then why not try get down there today?

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
rm
Friday 12 March 2004 10.49am
Bit of a trek from Holborn!!
Friday 12 March 2004 11.24am
only if you plan on going back to work later!

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
rm
Friday 12 March 2004 1.35pm
I wish i couldn't...............

hmmmmmmmmm..... [remembering student days when eating and drinking all afternoon]
Tuesday 16 March 2004 11.28pm
rm - celebrate the student within !

The steak and kidney pud is worth losing your job for.

k
Tuesday 16 March 2004 11.30pm
rm - celebrate the student within !

The steak and kidney pud is worth losing your job for.

k
rm
Wednesday 17 March 2004 9.15am
I will try it and see........................

I'll keep you posted on my employment situation.....
Friday 23 April 2004 7.41pm
I've just been to the Oak this evening and it was overrun by suits. It seems a company has just moved to an office nearby, and the Oak was their celebratory venue. Horrible cigarette smoke was being whafted into my face, and cigarette ash flicked onto floor and the rugs - and most of them were drinking vile tasteless stuff like carling. Jessie - the resident dog - didnt seem to like them either. They made the toilets smell too. The food was excellent as normal, though. Just a pity the atmosphere was ruined. I do hope they don't stay.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: