Location, location

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 12 February 2010 8.41am
Will someone please inform the South London Press that Mandela Way is not in Peckham, why don't reporters check their facts before submitting articles for the press? moan moan....
Friday 12 February 2010 10.15am
S L P, checking facts...
Ha, HA HA, ha
Friday 12 February 2010 12.04pm
That's nothing. Tell Google street view that London Bridge isn't in Camberwell. Actually I did.
Friday 12 February 2010 12.14pm
I've also reported Google Maps' mislabelling of the western end of Abbey Street (between Bermondsey Street and TBR) as Long Lane. Annoys me every time I see it.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Jac
Friday 12 February 2010 12.17pm
Our sat nav tells me that wilds rents and long lane are in Camberwell. Or at elst it did until some one nicked it this week:(
Friday 12 February 2010 12.18pm
I find SLP has very little coverage of Bermondsey/Rotherhithe these days anyway, although I still buy the Friday edition. Seems to centre pretty much exclusively on SW London. Southwark News is much better.
Friday 12 February 2010 2.26pm
beetroot wrote:
That's nothing. Tell Google street view that London Bridge isn't in Camberwell. Actually I did.

According to Google's geo-location services, I live in Camberwell too, despite being 100 metres away from Tower Bridge.
Friday 12 February 2010 3.47pm
Jonathan K wrote:
beetroot wrote:

According to Google's geo-location services, I live in Camberwell too, despite being 100 metres away from Tower Bridge.
Roll me a carrot, Mr Camberwell, and you can tell me I live wherever you like :0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 15 February 2010 1.28pm
James Hatts wrote:
I've also reported Google Maps' mislabelling of the western end of Abbey Street (between Bermondsey Street and TBR) as Long Lane. Annoys me every time I see it.

Southwark Council got that wrong on the Public Notices when they allowed Long Lane to be closed last summer for the water mains
Monday 15 February 2010 3.35pm
Maybe the council officer was used Google to check the address?
S'funny how mistakes are perpetuated.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: