Mural under bridge near Vinopolis

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 25 March 2002 4.04pm
Whilst waking along the river yesterday i noticed an amazing large mural painted/ graffiti'd under the bridge next to the entrance to Vinopolis. It was called coroprate vandalism or something, and depicted bowler hatted businessmen running rampage and destroying things with champagne bottles, and umbrellas. Can anyone tell me anything more about this?

Andy
Tuesday 26 March 2002 2.41am
I think its by this guy, http://www.banksy.co.uk/

Or someone like him.

At one point the bankside lettering under blackfriars rail bridge on southwark street had been changed to banksy.
Friday 29 March 2002 3.14pm
yes, it's definitely Banksy's work. The one by Vinopolis is called Chequebook Terrorism and isn't that just so appropriate in SE1? Suits, swilling with cash, paying the council so they can build expensive property on our land. Don't know how these rich incomers will feel about the area once the artisits have all left. They'll probably choke on their Starbucks cappucinos - if they notice at all.

Bankside's a good choice too 'cos he only needs to change a couple of letters! Have you seen the guardsman just on the corner by the Clink Musuem - only noticed yesterday that it's a peeing guardsman, and that was because a dog had left a pool right by it just to point it out!
Banksy has also designed some stuff for the www.saveordelete.com website - very cool.

ps did you also see that the large board around the corner from Chequebook Terrorism says it's an official graffiti area? true or false?
Saturday 30 March 2002 4.29pm
On his website he has some other posters/stickers that say official graffiti area, I quite like the cut out and keep stuff there.
Saturday 30 March 2002 9.47pm
ps it was Chequebook Vandalism not Terrorism - sorry.
must get my official graffiti poster - thanks for the info.
kate
Wednesday 3 April 2002 3.11pm
I'm trying to get a mural painted on my street in Lambeth. Do you know of anyone who might be able to give me information on the best way to go about this or who might be interested in doing the artwork?
Thursday 4 April 2002 1.55am
well you could try banksy at his website if you want a slightly political mural. maybe try a local school, or Lambeth College? you may even be able to get funding for a community project - check out London Arts Board
Monday 8 April 2002 4.54pm
The most irreverent 'Banksy' thus far must be the stencil of Queen Vic (bless 'er) receiving a cunnilingual lesson whilst sat astride a young lady's face. This appeared at The Dogget Pub end of the Blackfriars Bridge underpass last Autumn, but was slowly chipped away by Royalists in time for queues for the Queen Mum show.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: