Worst takeaway ever?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Saturday 13 March 2004 5.23pm
Last night after a great evening out we decided on popping in to the Tower Bridge Tandoori, (tower bridge approach) for a takeaway curry to round off the night.
What we got however rather ruined our appetites.
We ordered a chicken tikka massala, a king prawn delight, (mild coconuty sauce thing), some rice, bombay poatoes and naan.

When we got home it was very quickly apparant that the tikka massala was in exactly the same creamy coconut, very mild sauce of the prawns. The only difference was that they had made it a rather violent red with food colouring!!

Well him indoors rather dislikes coconut sauces, and prefers his curry to be of the bottom burning variety so we rung em up and told them it was rather unacceptable.

They were a bit rude and a bit angry, but offered to replace it nonetheless. So he returned and collected a new 'tikka massala'.

It was exactly the same.
Although very, very slightly less violently coloured.
But after their attitude to our complaint we decided it might be unwise to eat the new 'curry' anyway.

Anyway I thought it was only fair to let my fellow SE1ers know that they might not enjoy thier takeaway from Tower Bridge Tandoori, and as it is not exactly a bargain place, maybe think again before going there.

We used to eat in there occasionally until we had a bad meal there about a year ago. Since then it seemed to be under new management so we gave them another try.
We have has 2 excellent takeaways from there and 2 not quite so good ones, but this was the final straw.

Can anyone suggest another Indian that does take away in the Shad Thames area?

Thanks

Jo
Jai
Saturday 13 March 2004 5.52pm
I swear by Simply Indian, just off long lane... bit of a walk for you, but if you have a car, it is one of the best in London.

Varkenslachter
Saturday 13 March 2004 6.32pm
thanks Jai, might try it next weekend, do they deliver at all?

Jo
R
Saturday 13 March 2004 6.48pm
There an indian which delivers which runs out of a pub on Borough High Street which is fantastic. The first time we ordered from them they couldn't find the flat and so they gave us a massive discount. The food is hot, tasty and excellent value.

I can't remeber the name.... I'll have a rumage in my extensive take away menus and get back to you!
Saturday 13 March 2004 7.18pm
Simply Indian not only deliver, but also take orders online. You select your order, then you get a phonecall to confirm, then half an hour later your food arrives. Wonderful food, and fairly priced (although not cheap).

http://www.simplyindian.co.uk/
Saturday 13 March 2004 8.06pm
Yes. Had a v nice meal from there last night.
Saturday 13 March 2004 8.21pm

Hmmm, i find Simply Indian a bit of a curate's curried egg - order four dishes and you will get two good ones, one average and one poor. still good (my takeaway on thursday) but there must be other good ones about as well...
Sunday 14 March 2004 12.05am
We have always had good food from Indian Summer on Weston Street as well as Simply Indian, it is a bit cheaper,they deliver and they also give you a membership number which means you don't have to keep giving your phone number and address.They have a pretty extensive menu with old favourites and some things we had never heard of.They also give you free Cobra beer on orders over 20 but be warned the portions are very big and if they say hot on the menu they mean it! The number is 0207 407 7474
Sunday 14 March 2004 12.04pm
The indian on Borough High St that R's referring to is the Spice Lounge. It's above the Blue Eyed Maid pub. I've had some superb meals in there. Would highly recommend it.

Plus, if you're having a few bevvys in the pub, and aren't in the state of mind to climb a few stairs, they'll also serve the curry to you in the pub.
Sunday 14 March 2004 10.00pm
Had a really horrible take away from Tower Tandoori as well a couple of weeks ago, definitely looking for a new place to try so will check out the above recommedations, thanks all.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: