Botanical Art class in John Harvard Library

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 15 February 2010 3.42pm
I have been going to the Botanical Art class which has just started in the refurbished library, and would like to spread the word and encourage a few more people to come. Whilst it has been great having near-individual tuition, we are in danger of being discontinued due to low numbers. In spite of my ulterior motive, I would really genuinely recommend the class, which has been a delightful discovery.

The next set of sessions is on Tuesday mornings 10.30-1pm. for 5 weeks starting next week Tuesday 23 Feb. It is suitable for any level including beginners (which I am). I have really enjoyed trying out drawing using pencils, charcoal, pastels, pen and ink, and watercolour. The tutor is great, and brings a huge array of various plants and examples for inspiration. It has been my most enjoyable part of the week for the last few weeks, and fabulous to have something just round the corner, and I am sure there must be others who would love it too.

If anyone fancies giving it a go, the best thing would be to come to one of the sessions, preferably the first on 23rd Feb, or to ring Southwark Adult Learning Service on 020-7358-2100. There is a modest fee and you need to bring some art materials (though some may be available to borrow for the first class)
Monday 15 February 2010 10.19pm
How much is the modest fee? I'm very interested.
Wednesday 17 February 2010 10.57am

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 17 February 2010 11.02am
Thanks James.
Wednesday 24 February 2010 6.20pm
Thanks James. I'm slow to respond these days because of having to use the library for my www.

We have now got just enough people for the class to continue (hooray! I would miss it hugely) but there is room for more, so do come along if you fancy giving it a go. Its in the back room in the library, down the corridor where the toilets are.

Also, I am told that there may well be a 10-week course after Easter, on a similar basis.
VC
Thursday 25 February 2010 2.27pm
Any chance of evening classes at all? I would be very interested in joining, but I'm at work during the day...
Monday 13 December 2010 2.09pm
This course is running again on Tuesday mornings from 18 January 2011

Enrollment on the day or more information www.southwark.gov.uk/adultlearning or telephone Thomas Calton Centre on 020 7358 2100.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: