Not Afraid of Heights?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Wednesday 17 February 2010 8.14am
Then this year will be tha last opportunity to abseil down Guys Tower before it's refurbished next year.

So for someone who is not afraid to launch themselves off for Charity, on Sunday 16th May..Saturday 12th June...Sunday 18th July there will be a 10.00 entry fee to do so..Minimum sponsorship will be 150.

For the wonderful Myasthenia Gravis Association..dunno how I remembered to spell that this morning! or google Rag Doll Illness..
Wednesday 17 February 2010 8.25am
Are you going to volunteer Jan?-i would sponser you!
Wednesday 17 February 2010 9.22am
Umm Let me see....17stone pensioner breaks arms of the guy holding up on the top of the tower...or to add a bit more drama and humour..17 stone pensioner has to be excavated from sub-soil below Guys Tower..lol
It is such a worthy cause DeeDee and if I had the nerve and weighed 7 stone less I would do it..but I can't even get life insurance at the moment let alone insurance for a stunt like that!
Unfortunately people just think of this illness as one where you can't smile ( as the bus shelter ad.shows a little girl not smiling,a lady with her eyes closed and a man with a slack mouth..) it has many serious consequences and is fatal in somecases and young children can have it too...
Wednesday 17 February 2010 10.33am
i am afraid i cannot think of any worthy cause that would get me up there-i get vertigo on the kerb but i salute all those who do it for the many worthy causes that benefit
TAK
Wednesday 17 February 2010 11.21am
I actually did it last June - highly recommend it.
Wednesday 17 February 2010 1.04pm
I really admire you TAK...:-)
TAK
Wednesday 17 February 2010 1.45pm
Jan the old one wrote:
I really admire you TAK...:-)

Oh, I actually really enjoyed it and did it in the first line because I really wanted to.
Therefore I paid the 150 minimum sponsorship myself as I regarded it as an entertainment ticket for myself and got a few friends to then sponsor me on top of that. In the end I raised 540 for charity, had a few fun hours and won a few admirers too ;-)

There are a few pics on my fundraising page - and if you press the 'DONATE' button you will be redirected to Myasthenia Gravies Association and can still donate some money straight through to them.
So press that button - you know you really want to!

Fundraising page

ps. some people actually struggle even looking at the pic.....
Wednesday 17 February 2010 2.15pm
TAK...I had a bad case of vertigo just looking at the photo! I prostrate myself in hero worship at your young feet..:-) how the flipping heck..another look wow!
Wednesday 17 February 2010 8.46pm
If there are any poor M.P.'s out there who have been fiddling the tax payer via their expenses, just to make ends meet, then I will treat them to a free go.........No strings attatched!
Friday 19 February 2010 8.02am
TAK I am having trouble today accessing my messages on London Se1..will have to try and clear some out to make room for some more and print them off beforehand!

I was looking at your photo on that link and could not remember where I had seen it before, then looking at the winter M.G.A News realised it's you on Page 14!

Did you mean what you said about going face down? Good heavens love, was your Dad a mountain goat! lol..

If it did go ahead I am sure the Forum would click on your fundraising link and I will be at the top with my Box Brownie..but not too near the edge!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: