Snow patrol

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Zoe
Wednesday 17 February 2010 10.57pm
Quite some weeks ago I bought a bag of cat litter and some salt, in case of more ice. As is to be expected the ice disappeared immediately, and it's been a talisman to keep the ice out of SE1 since then. However, I now feel a responsibility to keep the stuff, or the ice might come back. As it's taking up space, could someone else take on the burden from me, as I'm sure I've done my bit...or is that it for the bad weather and I'm safe to donate it to a cat owner?

Perhaps I should hedge my bets, as it's such an important responsibility, and keep the salt, as of course it's not just locals who are affected by ice in SE1, I have to consider tourists, workers and all those actors.

Perhaps I'd better not risk it and will keep everything.
Wednesday 17 February 2010 11.22pm
I didn't know cat litter worked so I've just Googled add got confusing information. Some say the clay based ones work. others say it makes it slippier. What type you got Zoe?
Thursday 18 February 2010 10.27am
We had about a barrow load of grit put around every tree along blackfriars which now that the snow and ice has gone is providing dog owners with convenient open air litter boxes.
I dont think i have seen a single pooper scooper yet.

slightly off topic but you can see where all the wasted grit went.
Zoe
Thursday 18 February 2010 7.23pm
So I shouldn't have bought grit but taken it off Blackfriars Road, good thinking.

I shall check my cat litter, as the ice went immediately I never saw if it would work.

I am an owner who scoops the poop, by the way Phil!
Thursday 18 February 2010 11.47pm
you're number 1 in my book then Zoe.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: