Flower shops

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 14 March 2004 9.12am

Im from Sweden and in april Im going to London for a short trip.

I would like to know if there is any good flower shops in London? Im looking for Pelargoniums/Geraniums, small plants in pots. Id like to buy different ones for exampel; speckled ones, dwarfs, stellars, miniatures, double and cactus flowered.

In Sweden there are a lot of different varietys and I think its nice to collect them.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Sunday 14 March 2004 11.28am
Your best bet is the flower market on Columbia Road in the East End. Nearest tube is Old Street or Liverpool Street. You've got to be early as it starts at 8 and lasts till noon. It's a lovely market, with lot's shops where you can buy nice pots and other flower/plants accecories. Also highly recommended for breakfast!
Sunday 14 March 2004 12.44pm
Columbia Rd is great and well worth a visit. Go early or go late - around 1pm is also a good time when you can get lots of bargains and you have a great atmosphere (though it can be very crowded) - full of people smiling because they've had a great morning and bought some beautiful plants. And theres always a few people trying to work out how they're going to get home with their impulsively-bought 8-foot ficus or whatever, on a bicycle or the bus.

The other possibility is Nine Elms plant and flower wholesale market at Vauxhall. It is next to the large Sainsburys and is signposted from the underground station. You can buy as a retail customer, but only if you are prepared to get a large quantity. Great experience for a flower-lover, regardless of whether you are buying. For this one you MUST go early though, there's not much left by 9am.

I assume you are intending to take these geraniums back to Sweden? I dont like to be a bearer of bad news, but I believe thats not permitted without a licence, due to danger of spreading pests and diseases. Or perhaps thats why you want small plants?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: