Arrows, arrows, everywhere!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
SandyPandy Thursday 18 February 2010 11.47pm
It's got to be more full of arrows around Blackfriars Road/ The Cut junction than Battle had in 1066 !Overnight huge white directional arrows on orange backgrounds appeared,hanging from lamp posts & advertising a nearby fitness centre above the arrows.I thought at first that they were o.t.t.diversion signs for buses.They are pug-ugly and are an affront to the eye.What's more, Southwark said that they hadn't permitted anyone to use their lamp posts.So,if anyone is wondering about them,Southwark Council is on the case!Oh,yes they are!
bigphil Thursday 18 February 2010 11.52pm
I shall walk the 200m up the road and investigate, if they can do it, so can I.

I can just see "how to get to The Crown signs" starting as you leave the M4,M11, M3 and all the other M's

made my day ,

cheers

phil
SandyPandy Friday 19 February 2010 6.11pm
You'll be greatly surprised to see that they're still in place tonight.Southwark have let me down.Boo hoo.
Carpe diem ! Climb up there now,Phil,re-arrange the arrows to point your way,with the threat that you'll be the new personal fitness trainer,using bottles of Guinness as weights.
Cheers !
beetroot Saturday 20 February 2010 9.59am
Write 'Farmers Market' on them. They'll be down in no time.
SandyPandy Saturday 20 February 2010 10.08pm
Has anyone seen BigPhil,last heard of touring the motorways with flyers in his car boot?
That sounds as if it's spoken from bitter exrience,Beetroot-spill the beans (pun ?)
Phoned Southwark again,and,oops!The original request wasn't to be seen,so The Date for Removal been re-booked to be done by Tuesday.They will be down before the lamp-posts are needed for 2010 Christmas decorations,I'd guess.
Karen I Sunday 21 February 2010 10.30pm
Who ever put them up, they made it look like a permanent addition to the lampost - a bit like the banners on Upper Marsh. I hope they get taken down, they make The Cut look cheap and ugly but I suspect they have been put up legitimately and will remain.
SandyPandy Sunday 21 February 2010 11.08pm
They must have been prepared professionally,not exactly felt tipped pens on scraps of paper job,so they won't be going down without a fight!The Southwark Call Centre aaid that,apparently, they're not legally placed there,so I'll allow them until Tuesday and then kick up a fuss- anyone else like to call the Environmental concern's office at 75255777,open for calls 24/7 ?
La Martinet Monday 22 February 2010 10.05am
Not yet seen these but an application for planning permission went in on 11th February - see Advertising on lamp posts on The Cut

It has not been decided yet so they definitely shouldn't have gone up, I imagine.
Karen I Tuesday 23 February 2010 5.58pm
Thank you for your research L Martinet, I have put in my objection. Hope others do the same.
SandyPandy Thursday 25 February 2010 11.21pm
Yes,thank you,La Martinet.A Councillor has taken up the cudgel on our behalves after her seeing your evidence and the self- explanatory photos that I sent to her.She contacted Planning,forwarded the photos to them,and they agree that these have been put up without consent.What naughty boys they are !We will now have to wait for events to unfold.And wait...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions