Very noisy people in apartment on Long Lane last night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 19 February 2010 12.02pm
Does anyone know how to contact the really unbelievably noisy people (I think they are a couple) who recently moved into the large apartment building on Long Lane that is opposite Fine Foods - they live in an apartment at the back, on the East side, basically facing the back of Blue Lion Place? They are unbelievably inconsiderate - I have been woken up at least 3 or 4 times by then in the last 2 weeks since they moved in (and we live in a neighbouring building, not even in the same building, with double glazing!) by them arguing, shouting, singing (last night it was their own rendition of Sinead O'Connor Nothing Compares to you at 4am) at the top of their voices, with their balcony doors wide open. Last night it went on from midnight to about 5am before someone eventually started shouting at them. The woman has an unbelievably loud voice. It is beyond me how inconsiderate and stupid some people can be.
Friday 19 February 2010 12.47pm
Some people just don't seem to realise what a pain they are, I've had great results from Southwark Noise team on 020 7525 5777, worth a call just to find out how to proceed should it recur.
Friday 19 February 2010 1.22pm
Thanks Graham, problem is I don't really know what apartment they live in or anything! Maybe one of their neighbours will report them next time. :)
Friday 19 February 2010 1.29pm
Keep a diary of when and how long the nuisance went on for. Rate the noise level from 1 to 10 and capture your own comments.
Friday 19 February 2010 2.31pm
The Noise Team will identify the flat and take measures to stop this noise.

They were also very helpful to me, when I had a noise problem from the Glasshouse, Royal Oak Yard.

Good luck!
Friday 19 February 2010 2.55pm
If the balcony door is open maybe just go out with a box of eggs and do your best Tessa Sanderson impression... They'll probably consider closing them after that!
Friday 19 February 2010 4.33pm
I too was disturbed by this, and have been disturbed by them on previous occasions recently, notably when they started playing 'Greatest love songs on the 90s' at full volume at midnight on a Sunday...

I have done a bit of research and found the details of the estate agent who let the flat, and have asked them to have a word. Should you want to contact them too, please PM me.
Friday 19 February 2010 8.07pm
I have nothing helpful to add other than what Graham has suggested but it is very funny that they are arguing and screaming and yet playing Nothing Compares to You and Greatest Love Songs. I do sympathise though. Maybe they should call Relate! The ads on this page are also showing suggested Sinead O'Connor albums which may be the last thing you want to hear.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: