South Eastern Railway Building - Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 21 February 2010 10.48am
I walked past the South Eastern Railway Building on Tooley St yesterday and the section between the Southwark Playhouse and the Tower Bridge Paintballing appears to have undergone a total redevelopment inside. Looks like a massive space lit with arcs of white lights. Pretty impressive. Does anyone know what it is going to be used for? Is it part of the Southwark Playhouse?
Sunday 21 February 2010 11.59am
Remember reading about it a while ago. Found this on the Team London Bridge Website.

http://www.teamlondonbridge.co.uk/newsdetails.aspx?ref=1041

They are calling it a 'pocket plaza'!
Sunday 21 February 2010 12.06pm
The 'pocket plaza' is Shipwright Yard itself - I think Scott77 is talking about an indoor space.

Could it be bart of the T47 sports complex? The entrance is on St Thomas' Street but the way the various arches round there join up gets quite confusing.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 22 February 2010 10.42am
Was wondering what it was as I walked past it this morning on Tooley Street, number 72 I think. It did look pretty impressive through the doors.
Tuesday 23 February 2010 9.29am
Hi there

It's going to be a large Chinese restaurant when it opens, though we don't yet know when this will be. Once we know more, we'll let you know too.

Georgina Dawkins
Business Manager
Tuesday 23 February 2010 8.19pm
Thanks Georgina. Are we talking a chain (ie Wagamama 's sytle) or a unique place? Its going to be very large - whatever it is!
Tuesday 2 March 2010 12.32pm
I think this might be what's opening there: http://www.platformbar.co.uk/

Tuesday 2 March 2010 12.35pm
Platform Bar is opening in the old Rembrandt's restaurant a bit more towards On Your Bike. I haven't managed to get any more info about the Chinese restaurant yet I'm afraid.
Tuesday 9 March 2010 12.00am
The sign has gone up above the doors to this new restaurant. Its called Tuli. Can't seem to track down any further info on line... seems to be in the final stages of the renovation. Will be interesting to see what they have done with the space.
Tuesday 9 March 2010 7.10pm
Didn't notice at the time that the sign says 'restauraut' [sic]

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: