La Cave

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 15 March 2004 9.29am
Has anyone tried the new wine bar that's opened up under London Bridge (I think the place there before used to be called Mint ?).

I've walked past a couple of times, but never when it's been open.

Tuesday 16 March 2004 12.49am
I just don't get that buzzy feeling about this place ...
Friday 19 March 2004 4.13pm
Had dinner at Le Cave. Excellent French food, good service. 3 courses with a glass of the Chef's recommended wine with each course - approx 37. Can't afford to eat there often but would definitely go again for a special occasion.
Harrison
Friday 19 March 2004 9.25pm

Just returned (after a a FEW glasses) it is a really friendly place - the decor is a bit crap but staff and service v. nice - and the wine is *very* good (as is the cheese).

We went there after going to Vinopopiss first (awful! - half of it was reserved for some bland corporate do and all the squishy sofas were taken). In the summer with tables are outside I think it will be great.
Monday 22 March 2004 12.22pm
I also went this weekend for a quick glass of (very nice) wine with friends. They are apparently stripping out some more of the decor over the next week or two.

Staff were very friendly but seemed a little confused over what was and wasn't available from the menu.

All in all, well worth a second visit.

Monday 22 March 2004 12.43pm
I've passed by it several times but the street level signage (frighteningly angular block capitals) put me off. That'll teach me to make food and drink decisions based on font usage :) Will have to give the place a visit.
Friday 26 March 2004 11.08am
Can you guys tell me where i can find La Cave exactly?
Friday 26 March 2004 11.18am
See http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=200 for a map.

It's in Montague Place, tucked away between Southwark Cathedral and the top end of Borough High Street.
Friday 26 March 2004 11.25am

As a follow up from my slightly squiffy-post above, when recovered from my hangover I am not sure just how great it was (to be sure everything was pretty much great when we left the bar), perhaps a bit overpriced.

My girlfriend knows a lot more about wine than me (I am just a big hairy heathen really) and she wasn't so impressed. That said we may go back ce soir to validate our initial findings - in the interests of scientific accuracy you understand...
Friday 26 March 2004 11.27am
Ah, all becomes clearer. So the previous place as mentiond by Harriet would have been Mint on Montagu. Many thanks JH.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: