Mr Hatts in the news. We're not worthy...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Ivanhoe Thursday 25 February 2010 4.00pm
...of such a fantastic website, but at least James is getting a smidgeon of the enormous recognition he deserves http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8535187.stm (and they mention SE1 Cider!!!!)

Yet another reason to say: Well done James, and thanks for putting up with all the bother that running this site must bring from time to time.

I *heart* James Hatts

...if you press it, they will come.

Advertisement

Jan the old one Thursday 25 February 2010 5.58pm
Ditto Ivanhoes thoughts James, and I remember very well the young lad who was being bullied at work and the help he obtained from a very kind person on this forum!
I would have never have believed for a moment when I first joined London SE1 that every spare moment whether at work or not I would log on!

Once more James thank you!

p.s. what about the rats in the rabbits cage!!! lol
Zoe Thursday 25 February 2010 6.47pm
Also, didn't he look really handsome in that report, no wonder we all heart him. Have you lost some weight James?
Karen I Thursday 25 February 2010 8.19pm
I'm glad to be able to put a face to the name at last.
chalkey Thursday 25 February 2010 8.25pm
I suppose I wouldn't be Chalkey if I didn't put my pennyworth in, but finding this site was one of the happiest accidents of my life. I was in a melancholy mood one evening, searching the internet for some old phoptos of my spiritual home, the Old kent Road, and I found SE1. That was probably six moths ago, but it feels like years. Perhaps to mention individuals is unfair, because I would probably miss some people out who have been equally significant. But, Jan, Beetroot, Auntie pat et al, it's been a slice!
Nice to meet you all.
James.....A big, big thank you.
Eileen Thursday 25 February 2010 9.16pm
Good on ya James!! I rarely make a contribution to this great site but I am an avid lurker.
I reckon you now qualify for an entry in 'Celeb sightings in SE1'
SandyPandy Thursday 25 February 2010 11.36pm
I looked at the other sites,and quite honestly,nothing can compare to our beloved one.Our hats are off to Mr Hatts! (Now,that's an expression that Chalkey would appreciate-somehow baseball caps just 'don't cut the mustard')
Auntie Pat Thursday 25 February 2010 11.37pm
Adding my thanks to James for this site. I log in every night and there is always something interesting to read, and some lovely people on here.
TAK Friday 26 February 2010 12.03am
Absolutely agree with everyone else - what would we all do without londonse1 ?!
Thank you James.

One of the latest achievements in bringing local people together is the charity fundraising collaboration I'm currently doing with 'Jan the old one' by raising awareness and money for the Myasthenia Gravies Association by abseiling down Guy's Tower in May.
Without this community forum this would simply not have happened.

Just in case you were wondering, there is an info/fundraising page:
http://www.justgiving.com/se1abseil
jackie rokotnitz Friday 26 February 2010 7.16am
None of you needs my two bits, but of course, as a major poster - dont know any more how many times but WAY overthe 5,000 - I agree that this site has been a life enhancing thing. As I wrote to James (offering my services for said TV slot but alas in Tel Aviv as is too often the case) my life would be much,much the poorer without Se1. The Professor and I are the seriously old and decrepit members of the Forum, and when we joined up years ago we werent sure we'd be accepted into the fold - how wrong we were! God bless James, and ALL OF YOU POSTERS who've made the Forum such a unique community phenomenon.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions