Local Charities- who can collect a housefull of items

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 27 February 2010 2.52pm
I've ended up with a mountain (more than a car load, less than a truck load) of items for charity.

Does anyone know of a good charity in the area (E&C and SE1) who would come and collect?

Would prefer non-religious based charity for personal reasons, but as I want to be able to walk easily around my flat will take any ideas.
Monday 1 March 2010 7.21am
Hi,
Try Southwark Council, they used to have a depot for unwanted items that they would then pass on to first time tenants who could not afford to furnish their new homes, if they can't help try the Trinity Hospice you can find them on the internet I'm sure they would be glad of some help.
Monday 1 March 2010 10.16am
You could contact the British Heart Foundation store on Old Kent Road (tel 0844 499 4164). They came & collected an old sofa for free from me.
Monday 1 March 2010 2.23pm
you could always leave it just outside your front door.
I was surprised to find that within half an hour! of putting out my futon mattress for the council to collect, it had been swiped. But I was very pleased really, as I got it 7th hand anyway, had used it myself for four years, and glad that it has been recyled. Someone needed it. Maybe your odd and ends would go the same way.
Charity begins at home?
Tuesday 2 March 2010 11.01am
I posted it in another thread on this site (not sure how to link them) but I've used a charity called Emmaus to take furniture www.emmaus.org.uk. They work with homeless people to try and get them back into work. They'll take furniture, electrical goods etc. I thought they were great.
Tuesday 2 March 2010 12.08pm
I contacted Erasmus and they were very helpful, although we haven't had anything yet!

contact details
http://www.emmaus.org.uk/
9 Knight's Hill, West Norwood, London SE27 0HU. Phone: Main office: 0208 670 3511 Referrals: 0208 761 4340

info@emmaussouthlambeth.org.uk

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: