Reasonable, Reliable Laptop repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 2 March 2010 9.23am

Can any one recommend a good and reasonable laptop repair shop/service in the area?

I need to get mine fixed and am a lamb to the slaughter when it comes to understanding technology so want to go somewhere trustworthy where they wont see me coming.

Tuesday 2 March 2010 3.52pm
thanks truth monkey. Has any more people used the laptop repair shop on tanner street?

There are not too many suggestions but it is near me
Tuesday 2 March 2010 9.12pm
We used them recently. They seem to have fixed all the problems we had. They were very, very slow, though. Happily, they knocked some money off, so I can still recommend them!
Tuesday 2 March 2010 11.09pm
I've used Computer Alliance twice(different machines) on the south side of the OKR just by the flyover & subway exit. I'm not the most technically minded but I've found the two guys in there to be exceedingly reasonable, explaining all the various options in each case including giving the pros/cons of each suggestion. I've not felt pressurised into paying for unnecessary works or even paying for any repair works at all.

the downside is, they can be a bit slow. It's usual to leave the machine with them whilst they diagnose the problems, but they seem to get sidetracked before ringing back to get your permission to go ahead with further work.

I trust them though and do recommend them.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: