Police cordon - Tanner Street/ (Jamaica Road end)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 2 March 2010 9.05pm
The police have just cordoned off Tanner Street at the junction with Jamaica Road. The fire brigade are in attendance too. I'm not normally a curtain twitcher but something major must've gone on.
Tuesday 2 March 2010 9.08pm
the policewoman says they suspect some sort of chemical spillage although she said they don't have much information...
Tuesday 2 March 2010 11.19pm
Seems a bit odd.

Major incident unit / mobile command
12 fire engines
4 police vans
2 undercover police

Whole area is cordoned off, but police are letting people walk through.
Wednesday 3 March 2010 8.53am
I'm intrigued how you recognized the two undercover police officers. Were they wearing jackets with 'Undercover' emblazoned across the back in the manner of the FBI?
Wednesday 3 March 2010 9.11am
Tolstoy wrote:
I'm intrigued how you recognized the two undercover police officers. Were they wearing jackets with 'Undercover' emblazoned across the back in the manner of the FBI?

I guess they are those policemen in civvies that drive around in unmarked cars and you don't realise they're police until they switch on the blue lights and siren. If "undercover" is not the right term, what is?
Wednesday 3 March 2010 9.19am
I was only asking in jest, but you've answered another question of mine. I was never to clear as to what those cars were.
Wednesday 3 March 2010 10.28am
Interesting - I thought that this was the same one, but it is further away and the FB were not called until 3:43am.

Bermondsey - fire at disused railway arch

03 March 2010

Ten fire engines and around 50 firefighters are attending a fire at a disused railway arch on Debnams Road in Bermondsey. Part of an internal mezzanine floor is alight.

Around 15 people have been evacuated from adjacent flats. Trains in and out of London Bridge railway station are being disrupted due to the incident.

The Brigade was called at 0343. Firefighters from Dockhead, Old Kent Road, Deptford, Peckham, New Cross and Southwark fire stations are at the scene. The cause of the fire is not known at this stage.

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/LastestIncidentsContainer_3mar10z.asp

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: