Bermondsey fire - no trains at London Bridge Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 March 2010 10.31am
Seems like there is a serious fire at London Bridge Station.

I would make other plans for travel from LBS today!
Wednesday 3 March 2010 10.39am
I've changed the title to avoid confusion as the fire is in deepest South Bermondsey - nowhere near London Bridge, really, but of course on the only rail route to and from the station.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 4 March 2010 12.00am
I couldn't understand the bus diversions - the 381 was running down Grange Road, but the 1 wasn't.
Thursday 4 March 2010 1.44pm
The 1 was running along Jamaica Road, following the 188 route. There was a garbled announcement as we boarded, at Canada Water. I was OK, as I alight at Tower Bridge Road, but several people were thrown - although we're used to that, on London buses :p
Thursday 4 March 2010 2.01pm
Auntie Pat wrote:
I couldn't understand the bus diversions - the 381 was running down Grange Road, but the 1 wasn't.

The Peckham 381 was going London Bridge - Rotherhithe - Canada Water - Jamaica Road back to Tower Bridge Road - Grange Road/Southwark Park Road to rejoin its route at St James Road. As Rotherhithe New Road was closed near Raymouth Road, there was no other way to get under the railway arches. Ditto the No 1 had to go along Jamaica Road to get to Canada Water.

We all smiled when our driver announced the diversion and said "then we will turn left at... I don't know the name of the road!"

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: