Cast Iron Radiators

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 March 2010 1.45pm
Hi
does anyone know of a reputable, local salvage yard selling old radiators (in good cond) at a resonable price?
If they are good but out of the area, I don't mind.
Any info would be gratefully received.

Thank you
Wednesday 3 March 2010 2.14pm
Why don't you try Lassco:

http://www.lassco.co.uk/index.php?tx_evlasscoproductlistview_pi1%5Bkeyword%5D=radiator&id=59

Sorry, I'm not sure what a reasonable price for them is!!

Or eBay's always a good place to try (although not local!)
Wednesday 3 March 2010 3.23pm
Is there still a shop in Old Kent Road..old fire station ?that sold cast iron fireplaces..Blue mantle I think it was called, they may or know where you can get them.

In southampton way there was a architectural salvage place, sure thats still there thinks its camberwell green end.
Wednesday 3 March 2010 3.48pm
Jan the old one wrote:
In southampton way there was a architectural salvage place, sure thats still there thinks its camberwell green end.

Yes it's still there! Forgot about that one - it's called Architectural Rescue. 1-3 Southampton Way +44 (0) 20 7277 0081.

...and you can't miss it!
Wednesday 3 March 2010 4.58pm
I guess you'd know the story behind that place, Jan. It's been there ever since I've lived in London selling mantles, what happened to the Fire Station? The building looks to have suffered fire damage at some point and I've always rather enjoyed the irony of that. Fascinating place, beautiful peeling paint textures as you walk up through it and when the wind blows you get some great howling noises through the open windows. I also think its haunted. I got the fright of my life last time I was there taking photographs with an almighty crash directly above me. I gingerly took the next flight of stairs to find nothing at all.
Wednesday 3 March 2010 6.32pm
Tolstoy is the Fireman still at the window? I think they just opened the new firestation near Trafalgar avenue and moved there, a fire may have happened after they moved? A firm believer in haunted buildings I am! So much historically happened in that area, think of The Stone Tapes!
Wednesday 3 March 2010 9.03pm
He was he last time I went by. Been awhile though so someone else might want to confirm it. Is he still waving?

I always thought it didn't bode well for their services if a fire station to caught fire. Apologies for going off-topic.
Friday 5 March 2010 12.06pm
Anything from Southampton Way (amazing place) will require restoration.

Lassco probably doesn't fit your economical requirement...

eBay is a good place to look. Coventry reclamations sell reproduction ones. No idea what they're like.
Friday 11 June 2010 4.57pm
Tolstoy the fireman has now gone.... There is a lady with a "clean sweep" sign but she is on the flat roof outside, not waving through the window.
Saturday 12 June 2010 10.35am
Are you looking for fancy or plain? I have some (though not in London) PM me if you want to know more!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: