Chinooks over Bermondsey.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 3 March 2010 3.04pm
Did anyone else see the three chinooks flying over Bermondsey toward London Bridge?

My cat's now hiding under the bed because of all the noise they made!

Does anyone else find them as scary as I do?!! lol And those were the second lot I've seen in the past week or so... Anyone know what's going on?
Wednesday 3 March 2010 5.26pm
The noise gives me the creeps too! I didn't hear them today (haven't been in the area) but heard them puttering over my office the other day.

The only thing that makes it less creepy is the fact that my sister's partner is a Chinook pilot and I always wonder if it might be him on manoeuvres!
Wednesday 3 March 2010 5.27pm
Flew right over my house and were all very low and noisy.

I quiet like them to be honest. Though can understand they appear scary! Not sure why they were flying in.
Wednesday 3 March 2010 5.40pm
16 is still the record for me, early last summer. Hell of a sight flying over Tower Bridge.
Wednesday 3 March 2010 10.06pm
I would be a lot happier if they were in Afghanistan where they are needed.
Thursday 4 March 2010 1.50pm
westofbank wrote:
I would be a lot happier if they were in Afghanistan where they are needed.
I think they find that first doing some training in the UK helps when they get there!
Thursday 4 March 2010 2.44pm
I see Chinooks flying over Bermondsey all the time. They fly in pairs usually. They must be training, following the course of the river.
Thursday 4 March 2010 3.20pm
They fly over the river as this is the approved flight path - single engined helicopters (although obviously Chinnooks aren't single-engined) are not allowed to fly outside this path.

I cannot go into specific detail but these are not training flights. They are transporting royal, government or forces personnel.
Saturday 6 March 2010 3.20pm
As I said, they would be better utilised in Afghanistan.
As for those to precious to use other means of transport, it would be better to charter helicopters and use the Chinooks for the soldiers who need them more, then some bigwig.
Sunday 7 March 2010 12.23pm
'Chinooks Over Bermondsey' - Can't help wondering what kind of film that would be?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network