Random - Local Theatre in E&C

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 March 2010 3.46pm
I went to see this:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/8533/random

last week, and it was quite something - in a good way. Only one actress playing out different characters, no set and staged in an empty shop (not to worry, they do have seats). To be fair, I did not expect much but it was well worth it.

If you have a chance before it runs out on the 27th, go and see it. Tickets are only 8.00!

Related events

• Random (Wednesday 3 March 2010 to Saturday 27 March 2010)
    By debbie tucker green

Tuesday 9 March 2010 10.52am
Seconded! Great to have a chance to see Royal Court stuff without traipsing over to Sloane Square. We are honoured.

The shop has been kitted out with old sofas and chairs (amusingly all bolted to the floor as if because this was the Elephant, someone may run off with them!)

The play was fascinating and brilliantly acted. It was interesting to see the reaction of the class of 15/16 year olds who were in the audience.

So impressed, we are going to see their second offering at the end of the month.

I urge you to support this fabulous project. Combined with a cheap and enormous plate of noodels at Tai Tip Mein, it makes for a cheap outing, too. The only downside is having to pay 20p to use the loo in the centre!
TAK
Tuesday 9 March 2010 1.57pm
I 'third' this! ( Is that correct?)

Went to the opening night and loved it too - fantastically done in any sense.
Didn't realise the sofa was bolted to the floor though...
Anyway, it also somehow makes me start to grow kinda fond of the shopping centre (don't shoot me quite yet) - I mean where else does something like this exist?
Fantastic!

We finished the night at the polish restaurand with a meal for a fiver and some polish beer - a complete night out!
I just love my neighbourhood!
Tuesday 9 March 2010 2.03pm
Intending to try the Polish restaurant next time!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: