Van Hire

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 9 March 2010 1.49pm
can anybody help
I am looking to hire a van this Saturday
does anybody have any contacts
Tuesday 9 March 2010 1.54pm
Try www.streetvan.co.uk - brilliant easy service, no connection but after numerous times renting vans from 1Van1 off Druid Street (now gone bust I think) and filling in long forms every time, this is a much better option.
Tuesday 9 March 2010 2.31pm
thanks for that iv already had a call back from them,
79 for 24 hours not bad at all
thanks
Tuesday 9 March 2010 3.18pm
Maybe try the nice folk at Carpoint/Truckpoint (on the crossroads of Harper Rd, London Rd, Newington Causeway - where The Ship pub, the big court building, and The Balti House are).

We've always had good service from there, at the right price. And regular customers seem to benefit from the odd upgrade/discount/bit of flexibility re timings, etc.

(A happy customer for a few years, but no other connection)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 9 March 2010 4.55pm
I would also recommend Car/Truck Point in Newington causeway, borough, very reliable with vans of all sizes, of vans and the price is reasonable too.
Tuesday 9 March 2010 4.57pm
Yes, Car/Truck point is very good, has a selection of different sized vans, one with a tail-lift too & the price is reasonable.

Happy customer for many moons!
Tuesday 9 March 2010 5.03pm
thanks for all the responce
Tuesday 9 March 2010 11.33pm
QVC (Old Kent Road) is okay and you see their vans around a lot.

In saying this I have not met more rude staff in my life but much cheaper than street van and open Sunday so weekend 24 hour hire is a possible. Perhaps they were bad with my but very abrupt and unhelpful.
Wednesday 10 March 2010 3.52pm
Sorry I meant WVC
Wednesday 10 March 2010 4.03pm
sorry to but in so late after the event, but the cheapest of all quoted on here is the London Transit Van Centre (www.ltvc.co.uk), also on the Old Kent Road. They are helpful, the vans are immaculate AND they are cheapest than all of the other companies mentioned here. BTW, as seems to be forum etiquette, I should wish to confirm that I do not work for, own or have any family members involved with the LTVC; I just happened to use them a few years back.

However, I can second (or third) the other recommendations for the hire place up at the Borough (carpoint). To be honest, I would rather use either carpoinr ot LTVC rather than Streetvan or one of the 'larger' outfits.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: