www.elephantandcastle.org.uk down?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 9 March 2010 3.02pm
Hi, I'm trying to look at the elephant and castle regeneration site but it appears to be down (at least for me). Anyone able to get to it? I believe its elephantandcastle.org.uk

Thanks,
Andy.
Tuesday 9 March 2010 4.18pm
The domain is currently suspended:
http://whois.domaintools.com/elephantandcastle.org.uk

It was due for renewal in February.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 9 March 2010 4.25pm
Thanks James. Wonder if that means there's some bad news afoot... Or maybe the planning dept hasnt planned...
Friday 12 March 2010 4.55pm
They've renewed the domain registration and the site is back online

Friday 12 March 2010 5.17pm
Thanks again, appreciate you letting us know.
Friday 12 March 2010 7.22pm
Hardly bodes well for the re-development if they can't even manage to remember to renew a domain name!
Thursday 25 March 2010 8.26am
Now a 5 domain registration which lapsed for a few days may be a trivial matter in the context of the millions and billions at stake at E&C, but it was disappointing that Cllr Noblet gave the impression that it never happened in answer to this question tabled by Cllr Martin Seaton at yesterday's council assembly.

Cllr Martin Seaton (Lab): It appears that Southwark failed to renew its registration of the website designed to provide information to local residents and others about the Elephant and Castle regeneration (www.elephantandcastle.org.uk), meaning that it ceased to exist in February. What does say about the council's commitment to keeping the public informed about this regeneration?

Cllr Paul Noblet (Lib Dem - executive member for regeneration): Councillor Seaton has been misinformed as a quick web search would show. The website he mentioned is up and running.

Thursday 25 March 2010 8.45am
Unfortunatley its the kind of mis-truth (to be polite) that all politicians seem hell bent on serving up these days.

Do you think someone somewhere will try to be honest at some point, take the risk of telling it how it really is, and perhaps, just perhaps the electorate might respect that and actually vote for them?
Thursday 25 March 2010 9.12am
Hmm, is worrying that it either resorts to lies or just being misinformed. Neither good for people managing the biggest regeneration in Europe...

I suppose this is as close as I'll get to a Watergate scandal...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: