Subway/Dungeons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
real-se1 Wednesday 10 March 2010 6.37pm
It appears that the Dungeons are planning to close one of there fire exits on Tooley Street and open a Subway. God knows how much chaos that is gonna cause in the summer... Mind you i like the grub at Subway
Real-Se1

Advertisement

truthmonkey Thursday 11 March 2010 1.10pm
No planning to close as such, just convert them from fire exits to a regular entrance/exit so that people other than visitors to the attraction can access the existing shop and Subway.

Planning permission hasnt yet been granted:

Application Number: 10/AP/0089
Application registered Consultation period Awaiting decision Decided Appeal Appeal decided
Location: LONDON DUNGEON, 28-34 TOOLEY STREET, LONDON, SE1 2SZ
Proposal: Removal of existing boarding/shutters to windows and replace with non-openable glazing. Use of existing timber fire exit doors to provide entrance/exit to Subway sandwich bar and London Dungeon gift shop.
Statutory start date: 03/02/2010
Decision issued: This case has not yet been decided

Application Number: 10/AP/0115
Application registered Consultation period Awaiting decision Decided Appeal Appeal decided
Location: LONDON DUNGEON, 28-34 TOOLEY STREET, LONDON, SE1 2SZ
Proposal: Display of one fascia sign and one projecting sign, both with the 'Subway' logo, vinyl band inside of window and opening hours to be displayed on self adhesive decal to window.
Statutory start date: 21/01/2010
Decision issued: This case has not yet been decided
Ivanhoe Thursday 11 March 2010 3.53pm
Interesting. Would I rather spend the night in a dungeon, or eat a subway sarnie? Close call.

...if you press it, they will come.
Gavin Smith Thursday 11 March 2010 4.41pm
i think a night in the dungeon would be preferable to a Subway 'bellyache' special...
JuliaBaker Monday 15 March 2010 10.11pm
My mum told me yesterday that Subway imports its chicken meat from china to overcome the food standards we have in the UK for raising poultry; which when you see hugh fearnley whittingpants documentaries is at best pretty terrible. Gross! I used to quite like subway.

That whole part of the street is now a grimey disgusting rubbish tip and opening a subway is going to make it even worse. I don't know how they can fit anymore take away outlets there anyway - its already congested with smokers, millies cookies, pasty fat stink and free paper stands as well as the students dressed up and bloody shouting at each other for the fake historical attraction over the road.

Rant over.
truthmonkey Tuesday 16 March 2010 11.23am
JuliaBaker wrote:
My mum told me yesterday that Subway imports its chicken meat from china to overcome the food standards we have in the UK for raising poultry...

Apparently not. It comes from Ireland - http://www.meattradenewsdaily.co.uk/news/060310/ireland___dawn_wins_m_contract_for_subway_meat.aspx
James Hatts Sunday 21 March 2010 2.35pm
Planning permission for the fascia sign and projecting sign has been refused:

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
real-se1 Sunday 21 March 2010 6.51pm
Just read the application (on the council website)that was placed by London Bridge Experience back in 2008 and the objection raised by The London Dungeons lawyers.
Shame they did not read there letter and take note before applying for the new Subway.
Funny how things bite you on the bum.
real se1
bigphil Monday 22 March 2010 10.17pm
Although food from subway at 1am after being in the pub all sat night was fantastic. the missus didnt appreciate the sauce on couch the next morning

bad subway meal !

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions