Real Egyptian Falafel and Fuul on Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 12 March 2010 5.28pm
If you like real Egyptian falafel and fuul (beans) you'll be pleased to hear about a new takeaway on Jamaica Road/Tanner Street (just opposite Shad Thames). It's called Only Fools and Falafels, and is the real thing - not the standard London kebab joint. The owner/manager is Egyptian and is very nice. It'd be great if we locals could give this place some support! Their details are 142 Tanner Street, SE1 2HG; telephone 020 7231 8664. PS: I have no vested interest, other than that I love Egyptian falafel and fuul.
Friday 12 March 2010 5.31pm
Vegan & vegetarians take note!
in fact anyone who enjoys good food!
Friday 12 March 2010 6.06pm
Sounds excellent! I will be down there very soon.
Friday 12 March 2010 7.48pm
My Egyptian colleague Khalid was raving the other day about how fantastic and authentic the food is.
Friday 12 March 2010 9.20pm
Just been. I got falafel and feta, or feta-like cheese with salad, including lots of rocket. Tahini and chilli sauce too. 3.50. The falafel was better than they do in Tas, which I think is quite dry and mealy. The pitta had that smokiness so maybe they have some wood-fired oven or something. Decent price I thought. Will definitely be going again.
The staff were nice too.
They do a chickpea and brussel sprout spicy dish and an okra one, and rice. I'll have to try them next, though I think they may dishes that change.
They do several animal dishes too.
Friday 12 March 2010 9.40pm
Be lovely if they do home delivery, I can order some and pretend to my veggie brother that i cooked it!
Friday 12 March 2010 11.16pm
This sounds like a great addition! I will def. go and try out their veggie stuff tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
Saturday 13 March 2010 7.11pm
A down side- I went about an hour ago and it was closed. I just phoned and no answer. No opening times on the shop front or the leaflet they gave me last night.
Saturday 13 March 2010 7.15pm
great minds and all that, beetroot. So did I and was disappointed. My walk was probably shorter than yours though!

Where can we get a good kebab that delivers in SE1 (not El Turkistan). Any ideas?
Saturday 13 March 2010 8.43pm
Ali's kebab on Long Lane deliver. 0207 378 8677

No connection just a happy customer.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: