NOT in praise of Southwark Council - parking jokers anyway...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 13 March 2010 5.10pm
This seems like a real hobby horse for many in the area but...

We applied for a new estate parking permit last week, because ours was due to run out today (13 March 2010). All the many pieces of paper collected and in order, application form filled out, my partner took time out of work on two days this week to deliver the form and collect the new permit (why can't they accept postal applications and then send the permit?). And we noticed just after it had been collected, about 6pm last night, that the "new" permit expires.......

13 March 2010.

So one of us will have to take more time out of work to visit the housing office on Long Lane next week, where they'll make a rubbish excuse, refuse to do it immediately, and a further visit will have to be made, with more time taken out... In the meantime our car will sit in its usual space and we'll hope that no one clamps it between now and whenever the incompetents get round to giving us the right one...

What do we pay our council tax for again? (On which note, i notice my recent bill boasts an average of 379 worth of savings per property. my council tax has remained the same. obviously i'm grateful it didn't go up, but if you want they want credit for saving money, then, as they say, show me the money and reduce it).

Rant over.
Saturday 13 March 2010 5.30pm
How much does estate parking cost?
Saturday 13 March 2010 5.36pm
It's free in the sense of no additional cost - but obviously it's paid for through the service charge etc.

Plus we're all paying some numpty in the office a reasonable salary not to do his job properly.
Saturday 13 March 2010 7.26pm
Make sure you put a note in the window that a new permit has been requested. If you do get clamped, take it to the housing office for them to pay.
Zoe
Saturday 13 March 2010 8.23pm
I think if you email your housing officer they can make sure you don't get clamped by telling the parking contractor what's happened.
Sunday 14 March 2010 12.23am
Free?
So all the (majority) non-car using tenants & leaseholders are paying for the (minority) car owners?
Hmmmmm?
What are we thinking here?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: