Manzes Pie Shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Tuesday 16 March 2010 8.58am
Just received terrible news that our beloved pie shop is closing down! can this be true? Was told this by taxi driver this morning and they normally have insider knowledge on anything like that..I'm to old to get to peckham for me pie....
Tuesday 16 March 2010 9.50am
never! Surely that can't be true. They do a roaring trade on a Saturday and I assume it's the same during the week. Is the whole of MAnzes closing or just TBR?
Tuesday 16 March 2010 9.51am
Jan, I just had to ring them. They said the rumours are malicious and there is absolutely no truth to them. THe man said they are definitely not closing although someone is circulating malicious rumours on Facebook.
Tuesday 16 March 2010 10.26am
Thank you Gavin..:-) the driver assured me that he had been told by a reliable source...seems like chinese whispers! A few weeks back there was such a queue on the saturday, mostly japanese tourists who obviously wanted to try a londoners speciality....I thought something tragic must have happened to the owner or his family to make such a decision.
Tuesday 16 March 2010 10.35am
Thank goodness for that scared me for a min
Tuesday 16 March 2010 11.00am
Gosh, that was a nasty moment...their pies are truly scrumptious, heaven forfend that they should close!
Tuesday 16 March 2010 4.58pm
Not a huge fan of pie and mash, but glad there's no truth in the rumour - they are a part of the history and atmosphere of the area. Long may they continue!
Tuesday 16 March 2010 6.28pm
Jan, does your brother know they do vegetarian pies? Not just a load of veg either but proper vegetarian mince in gravy.
Tuesday 16 March 2010 6.56pm
I didn't know that Beetroot, but do they use animal fat in their pastry?
Tuesday 16 March 2010 7.00pm
I don't think so. I have asked if the gravy was veggie and they were really clear that it was. I wouldn't have thought they'd go to the effort of soya mince and veggie gravy if they were going to use animal fat. I don't go often but I'll ask when I do.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: