What's happening to the building at 1 Valentine Place?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 17 March 2010 1.26pm
It's the building behind the Crown Pub.
The scaffolding suggests demolition and they've already taken what appears to be the flashing from the roof - presumably sold as scrap.
I can't find any planning app on the southwark website but the door lintel suggests the building is from 1861 so quite an old one to lose, although I guess the building is very small to do anything with. But it's also got quirky charm.
Apparently was occupied by Optomen Television.
Are they amalgamating with other sites? Again, can't find any planning app (although I'm a novice at searching for such things)

Steve
Wednesday 17 March 2010 1.47pm
You can see the building on Google streetview.Hopefully they're renovating.
Wednesday 17 March 2010 4.59pm
There are no current planning applications for 1 Valentine Place, and none have been made since 2005.

There is an Outstanding Application for the building directly in front of it on Blackfriars Road:

102-107 BLACKFRIARS ROAD, LONDON, SE1 8HW Erection of a new part three and part seven storey building for office use (Use Class B1) on the upper floors and a shop (Use Class A1) and offices (Use Class B1) on the ground floor.

http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=9525000

There is no detail on why this is still to be determined.
Wednesday 17 March 2010 5.24pm
BigPhil at the Crown may know.

That application, does it apply to the vacant lot next to the Crown, do you know?

Slightly off topic: Does anyone have any idea what is happening at the old newspaper distributors' building on Webber St? There is much activity.
Thursday 18 March 2010 1.56am
the building was occupied by optomen (kings of TV cookery shows!) but they have since moved to bigger premises in kings cross.. that is all i can add!
Friday 19 March 2010 1.56pm
1 & 1A valentine pl are being demolished by Southern demolition company.

site manager was in today to let us know.

buildings have been empty for a while now
Friday 19 March 2010 5.03pm
That's a shame.
Friday 19 March 2010 6.47pm
Just about to write "Phew, glad it's not number 2 as that's Green & Black's (the chocolate people) registered address" Yep, noticed that on the back of a bar one day - weird!

But, just went on their website to check exactly which number as sadly, I don't have a bar near me currently, to find that its registered address is now in Bournville and it belongs to Cadburys!!!

Sorry to go off topic.
Saturday 20 March 2010 1.38am
La Martinet,

Only 1 floor at 2 Valentine Place was ever occupied by Green & Black's. The other 5(?) floors are let to other companies.

I have colleagues there (working for EDF Energy and its construction partners on the Victoria Line Upgrade Project) but have lost track of who occupies what portion of the building, and what other companies are now there.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network