Somewhere to Sing Loud Alone

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
beetroot Sunday 21 March 2010 4.01pm
Sorry if the title's a bit odd.
Does anyone know anywhere I can practice singing? It would drive my neighbours to the knife drawer if I sang at full volume at home. I need somewhere as cheap as possible to make whatever noise I want.
I'm on Snowsfields and the nearer the better too.
Pops Sunday 21 March 2010 5.09pm
If you are a Guinness Trust resident at Snowfields I wouldnt worry aboutt the noise, they seem to let their tenants do what they like at the moment. :o)
moriarty Sunday 21 March 2010 6.33pm
I was looking for somewhere to practise ages ago and came up with nothing cheap enough for me. I just wanted a soundproof room with a stereo in it. In the end I just explained to my neighbours that I needed to practise sometimes, that I was very loud and to give me a knock if it got too much.

If you do find somewhere can you let me know?
beetroot Sunday 21 March 2010 7.29pm
What you describe is exactly what I'm after, moriarty. I certainly will let you know.
moriarty Sunday 21 March 2010 7.47pm
Thank you. My singing teacher once suggested singing into a wardrobe, hers was full of ballgowns. It is meant to absord some of the sound.

I did look at this once. 10 an hour if you are local.I can't remember why I talked myself out of it though. Probably just stage fright. http://www.webjam.com/waterlooactioncentre/home/hall_hire
Ruth Elleson Monday 22 March 2010 1.03am
Also keen to know about such a place in the area, but I'm not local enough to qualify for a discount... I live in a block of flats and (since changing singing teacher) am in the process of discovering a much bigger voice than I thought I had!
Jan the old one Monday 22 March 2010 11.15am
how much would a tenants association hall cost to hire if collectively you all sing?
daisysteiner22 Monday 22 March 2010 11.44am
i remembered reading about strange uses of Storage lockers:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/nov/29/self-storage-britain-tom-lamont

There's a band who practice in one! You could all club together and have a timeshare :O)
dee dee Monday 22 March 2010 12.51pm
Why not ask one of the local pubs with rooms above if you could use it eg the Leather market? with the music in the bar noone would hear you

Or somewhere like a local tenants hall? or maybe Snowsfield school may let you use a room in the evenings?
bigphil Monday 22 March 2010 10.24pm
how long do you practise for and how often?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions