Kids' stuff in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 March 2010 9.24am
I was wondering if any one has some tips about kids stuff around our area? My niece is coming to see me in about 2 weeks time and I was hoping there is stuff we can do close to home. She is 5 yrs old.

Even if only a good suggestion of where to go and eat/have lunch?

Monday 22 March 2010 9.50am
You might find something on our family events page:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 22 March 2010 2.28pm
Lots of restaurants along River are child-friendly: Browns, Ask, Zizzi, Pizz Express, Strada etc (handy tip: take note pad and pens for colouring-in whilst waiting for food to arrive tho some places do give them to younger diners)

As for places to go: the Tate; the Hornimann Museum; Discover centre (in Stratford); Greenwich (National Maritime Museum); Natural History Museum; Science Museum (lots of these have specific child activities, though as I guess it will be Easter ... prepare for lots and lots of other kids)

Other nice things to do are boating/pedalo on the serpentine; the whole of the South bank with the entertainers, skateboarders and pavement artists too

Have fun!
Monday 22 March 2010 3.33pm
A little bit further afield but the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green would be a great day out, and something that adults can enjoy as much as the children.

Lots of hands on displays for the children and a trip down memory lane for adults. Plus free to get in. To get the most out of the visit I would suggest ringing them to see if they have anything special going on that week.
Monday 22 March 2010 4.12pm
Hi Hoglund

At Shortwave Cinema in Bermondsey Square, we've got a kids club screening of 'Where the Wild Things Are' on Saturday 10 April and a special Easter Sunday screening of Harvey (4 April).

Hope you have a nice time with your niece whatever you decide to do.

All the best

Orla D
Friday 26 March 2010 10.21am
thank you very much guys! Now I got a few ideas to go for. Museum of childhood looks quite nice, didnt know about that. And Science museum might be something!

Tuesday 30 March 2010 1.13pm
You might also like to pop to the Cuming Museum. We run sessions for 0-5s every Thursday morning 10am to 11.15am. We also have family activities over the Easter holidays if this is when your neice is staying. Look at our website for more details about all events.

We also have 3 family friendly galleries with costumes to try on, trails to follow and storybags, full of books, puppets and toys.
Wednesday 31 March 2010 12.08pm
thank you very much Hannah, might do that!
Wednesday 31 March 2010 12.16pm
Julie already mentioned it but I took my 5 and 6 year old nephews to the Horniman museum and they had a great day out there. It was easy to get to on the train from London Bridge (though we got a bus back to Elephant and Castle because they love buses). All of the suggestions here are great but the day at the Horniman was probably the highlight of the kids' trip.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: