Evening ballet classes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
tle
Wednesday 24 March 2010 4.26pm
hi,
does anyone know of any good adult beginner evening ballet classes in the SE1 area (or beyond)?
thanks
Wednesday 24 March 2010 11.57pm
In SE1, Morley College runs beginners' ballet courses, but having never taken them I can't recommend them personally. I did take a similar course at the City Lit (Aldwych) a couple of years ago, which I thought was very methodical and educational.
tle
Thursday 25 March 2010 8.59am
thanks ruth, v helpful. i've been wanting to try the Morley one out but it's always full!
Thursday 25 March 2010 12.49pm
I've done acting and singing courses at morley and they were all great. I get the impression it's just a generally good college.
Monday 29 March 2010 10.51am
I took intermediate ballet lessons (I don't remember which level - perhaps 3) at Morley some years ago & I found that the quality of the teaching was quite high. I had trained to RAD Elementary level as a teenager & the class was quite suitable & challenging after a 10 year break. I'm not sure which syllabus they followed but fundamentally all the movements you learn are similar regardless of approach.

I think there were some girls in the class who had come through from beginner classes & they seemed to have a good knowledge & technique so I'm sure you will find the classes there a great introduction.

Enjoy!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: