Baby Friendly Venues/Resturants

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 4 April 2010 8.14pm
Hi There,

Me, my boyfriend and our baby boy have just moved to the area. Our little boy will be one year old next Saturday and we'd like to have a small party to celebrate it. Since we're new to the area we really don't know which places are baby friendly and are fun for our friends with their own children to come help us celebrate.
Could you suggest a few places in SE1 for us?

Thank you :)

Fiona
Tuesday 6 April 2010 7.09am
So we had a bit of an explore at the weekend, and there doesn't seem to be much round Bermondsey. I saw the Honest Cabbage used to be good?? is there anything like that??
Tuesday 6 April 2010 8.16am
The pizzeria restaurant in jamaica road used to be excellent for family parties. cant for the life of me think of the proper name will have a think. It was a large italian restaurant with very friendly staff.

have not been for a year or two, the food before it changed hands was smashing.

will have a trawl through our old posts because it has been mentioned here several times.
Tuesday 6 April 2010 8.21am
f33ona, I found the old thread and tried to bring it to the top, did not work:-( just put in Castello in the search at the top...I have just re-read my old post and I'm flipping hungry...I should have been a food writer!
Tuesday 6 April 2010 8.33am
Hi Fiona

Ev in Isabells Street - either the restaurant proper or book an area in the bar. They seem very happy to have kids running around, but it's a 'grown-up' place too!
Tuesday 6 April 2010 8.34am
Ooooops - sorry - should have been Ev in Isabella Street, not Isabells!
Tuesday 6 April 2010 10.13am
Browns - on the river in Shad Thames. Very good with kids. We were there on Sunday. They often let you have the private room at the end for free. We had 20 kids in there on Sunday.

Also - join us at the Riverside Parents & Carers group. www.riversideparents.co.uk
Tuesday 6 April 2010 11.24am
f33ona..I'd put it on the Chatter section...so it did get brought to top!
Tuesday 6 April 2010 11.57am
Hi f33ona

Not really Bermondsey, but we often go to the Dragon Castle in Elephant and Castle with out little one (now 8 months)it's always full of kids and groups and the food is good and cheap! Worth booking at the weekend, as it always gets busy.

Not tried EV since we had the baby, but always been nice when we've been before.

We've also taken her to bangalore express opposite waterloo, that was fine.

If you fancy a bit of a trek the Herne next to peckham rye is a proper pub/gastropub but pitches itself as very childfriendly - has a beer garden too, which I rather wish I was in right now!

Kxxx
Tuesday 6 April 2010 6.07pm
Bermondsey Village hall, just off Bermondsey Street can be hired for parties.

We had out son's 1 year old birthday party in the upstairs room at the Bridge House pub on Tower Bridge Road; good space for children to run/crawl around in, excellent food and friendly staff. Recommended.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: