Parking ticket machines still not working after 10 weeks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 19 March 2004 3.22pm
And no, before you all get het up, I wouldn't dream of driving around London for the sake of it; cars are for getting out-of-town early on a Saturday, or OKR Tescos/B&Q (bliss).

Had cause to try to park a car without a resident's permit in a residents permit parking space this morning for an hour, pending trip to Kwik Fit (new car, last one nicked, Ivanhoe). Could I find a machine to put my 20 pennorth into? The one that I tried to feed last time I tried this (on 1st January) is still not working (Crimscott st). So is the second one I tried on 1st January (Willow Walk). So is the one on Pages walk outside the Queen Victoria. The one outside the Plumb centre on Pages walk only accepts every 5th coin.

Yet try leaving a car without a valid ticket for a moment or two and just see what happens... It's not a level playing field. If it takes 15 minutes to find a valid ticket, chances are you'll have a fixed penalty notice affixed during that time.

This is shocking, Southwark. Is it a service or a joke?
Saturday 20 March 2004 12.11pm
Sorry to hear your car was nicked, mapmaker.
Friday 26 March 2004 10.11pm
Our (new) old car was sitting in a residents bay on Wednesday complete with residents permit happily minding its own business when ........hey presto.......a kind Lambeth traffic warden decided to decorate it with a ticket.

Don't know why, because the message was written over the 'Lambeth' printed on the ticket, and is illegible. Our neighbour says this happened to her when her car was parked a little wide of the kerb and so went over the edge of the bay. (Which is narrow so I am going to need to brush up on my parallel parking.) Again there is the choice of pay 50 or pay 100 if you lose the appeal.

Maybe we need to flog the car and buy a second hand bendy-bus. Wardens wouldn't dare go near that.
Monday 29 March 2004 9.03am
This car's been nicked as well. Only had it 2 weeks. Only an old banger.
Monday 29 March 2004 9.38am
Oh Mapmaker - you're not having much luck! There's a parking space for rent in the secure car park in my building if you're interested. No idea how much they'll be charging, though.
Monday 29 March 2004 9.55am
Before you get any ideas mapmaker, I SWEAR it's not me nicking your car(s). You do seem to be uncommonly unlucky at the moment though.

Seriously though, my condolences. I suppose it might be a small mercy that at least you hadn't had this "new" one for long enough to bond with it in any meaningful way.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Monday 29 March 2004 10.03am
Sarah, it's usually worth appealing. Write a cogent, convincing letter and you'll probably get let off.
Monday 29 March 2004 1.43pm
I had bonded very nicely with my new mercedes, thank you Ivanhoe. I ended up in a rented Renault Megane estate this weekend which must be the world's ugliest car... The shame & embarassment of being thought to have spent real money on an ugly car!

Just sometimes... I wish I had a flat with secure parking!
Monday 29 March 2004 2.34pm
How much does secure parking cost? If it's hideously expensive, then you can make me an offer for our lovely safe space and I'll let the rustrider3000 take its chances on the mean streets (and god help anyone who manages to drive it away!)

[but can't you leave the shooting brake at the estate and just get the butler to bring it up to town on Saturday mornings to take you back for the weekend?]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Monday 29 March 2004 2.39pm
Perhaps now you're beginning to see the value of having an ugly car ;-)

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: