Home washing machine repair

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 April 2010 12.52pm
I know there was a post about this ages ago. But does anyone know a reliable home washing machine (Zanussi) repair person? I think it is a water pump problem as when it trys to fill with water, it switches to the end of cycle. Programmes like spinning work fine. And how much would be a fair price to pay? Sorry I am clueless.
Wednesday 7 April 2010 1.54pm
Our washing machine did an identical thing about four months ago. We were insured so the engineer came out for nothing.

However, I reckon the filter is blocked on your machine which is why it is doing this - that's all that was wrong with ours.

On the front of the machine at the bottom, the plastic should come off (just pulls off). Underneath is a round plug-like thing for you to undo. I am 99% sure that the contents inside is blocked with hair/coins. If yours isn't on the front, it will definitely be somewhere on the machine - check the manual out. If you haven't got the manual, Google the model name/number and you'll get a PDF which will show you. You could find an engineer a similar way, but I don't know any good ones so can't recommend one.
Wednesday 7 April 2010 3.03pm
Thanks Gavin
I wil give that a go. Very helpful indeed. I will let you know
Wednesday 7 April 2010 3.32pm
I have given it a go and think you are right but I cannot get that bit off (at the back) to clean it. I rang the Zanussi help line and they said I need an engineer to get it off. So still on the hunt for someone to do this simple job. Many thanks for your advice.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: