Quirky Party Venue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 April 2010 1.31pm

I am looking for a quirky party venue. Ideally we would like somewhere unloved or disused like a railway arch, a warehouse, a garage a disused pub or restauarant etc. We wanted somewhere a bit different and thought it would be nice to have somewhere a bit out of the ordinary and jazz it up. It doesn't need to be huge, there will be about 20 or 30 of us.

Does anyone have any ideas about anywhere that fits this description or who I can approach?

Best wishes,

Friday 9 April 2010 1.59pm
The arch/ex storage space on Great Suffolk Street next to James Forbes House might fit the bill - I think that was the place where SE1 had their own party last year so James Hatts might be able to give you some info. Spacia have their name and Tel. No. on the sign outside - see it on Google Streetview here, if I've done it right!
Friday 9 April 2010 3.03pm
I've heard the Hartley is pretty disused and unloved at the moment.
Friday 9 April 2010 5.01pm
That sounds like a great idea ADT about the arch, excellent location as well. I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experience with the place or yours, glwhitelaw, if you do choose to host something there...
Sunday 11 April 2010 3.50pm
The George pub on Harper Road is only open certain nights, largely disused and they do lovely Vietnamese food.
Monday 12 April 2010 8.21am
One of the railway arches on Elephant Road (between Walworth Road and New Kent Road)is set aside as a party venue. Quite a unique place, from memory it's split over 2 floors... Quite a lively place...!!
Tuesday 13 April 2010 10.40am
Tunnel 47 (T-47) on St Thomas Street is now run by The Hospital Club - http://www.thehospitalclub.com/.

That said they dont see to do a brilliant job of selling it with the visuals on their website.
Thursday 14 April 2011 1.45pm
I'd love to hear from those who have found quirky party venues...local to SE1 is best, but anywhere in Central London too. I'm looking to host an evening engagement party for about 30 people... Any news, experiences or recommendations would be most helpful. Thanks:)
Thursday 14 April 2011 5.01pm
the betsy trottwood is a great pub with three floors to hire seperately.. all smallish but a good venue for a party..clerkenwell
Tuesday 19 April 2011 12.07pm
thanks for the idea mr st hilarious... the betsy trottwood looks fun:)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: