Recycling Books

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 April 2010 1.40pm
Does anyone know where I can recycle books in north SE1. There doesn't seem to be an Oxfam bin nearby - as I know the donations go to the Oxfam bookshops. Any other suggestions? It is just paperback fiction but does the Library on Borough High Street want donations?

Any help would be great.

Cheers
Friday 9 April 2010 2.02pm
Hiya
London School of Osteopathy on Borough High Street and Now on the corner of Sawyer St used to take in books for their reception, which they sold at very cheap prices. Try ringing them maybe.
Friday 9 April 2010 4.30pm
The Royal Oak takes books and sells them on (cheaply) in aid of St George's church.

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 10 April 2010 5.00am
I gave all my unwanted books to the library on Borough High Street as I wanted to support them. They do not accept CDs unfortunately!
Saturday 10 April 2010 10.40am
St Thomas' hospital will take them, the Friends group their have regular book sales.
Saturday 10 April 2010 7.48pm
better still get together with a few friends & organise a freeshop event? if we were still doing our monthly events, i'd say come along with stuff but we're not at the moment.
the weather's turning nice again thankfully & these events will always get people involved.
x
Monday 12 April 2010 3.30pm
Hi

There is an opportunity coming up for you to bring your old books to the Southwark Council building 160 Tooley Street.

There is going to be a book sale on 20th April in aid of Help for Heroes.

All books can be delivered to reception at Tooley Street by 19th April

Hope this helps
Sunday 20 June 2010 10.26am
Just picked up this thread because I'm having a clearout and have lots of books (mainly children's) to recycle. I have clearly missed the April book sale, but wondered if anyone knew of any other opportunities to pass my books on in the area?
Sunday 20 June 2010 11.01am
Book exchange this week:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/9129

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 22 June 2010 9.22am
Thanks for promoting our Book Exchange James - just a reminder that it's today and tomorrow 12pm-2pm on Potters Fields Park. Come along and swap your books!

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/9129

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: