The Goldsmith

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 15 April 2010 8.57pm
See The Goldsmith has opened on Southwark Bridge Road (formerly The Escape and before that the Goldsmith Arms).

Has anyone tried the food yet? Looks much better in there again
Friday 16 April 2010 10.28am
I can't speak more highly of this place.

I've eaten there a few times already. The food is great - although not cheap. Anything up to 15 for a main. But if you go for the steak or Sunday roast it is worth it. Oh, and the panna cotta was the best I've had in a long time.

The owners and staff are really friendly and welcoming. Which makes a change from some other local establishments.
Apparantly they run the Rye in Peckham too. And some other place in Clapham I've not heard of before. Too far out of SE1.

It's exactly the kind of place I've been hoping would open up in the area for a long time now.
Friday 16 April 2010 10.56am
It's brilliant and they do a mean Sunday Roast. Staff is really friendly. They have a nice function room upstair. Love it
Monday 10 May 2010 8.26pm
Was in there a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful evening. The manager, think his name was Nathen, was polite, well informed and gave us excelent service. Our waitress was lovely. The food was expensive but really tasty. Would not hesitate going back in.
Monday 24 May 2010 8.25am
What happened????? This place was great when it first opened...good food, great staff... Now the food is expensive below par and the management is just plain arrogant. I was in here a few nights ago and the manager knew nothing about the drinks and it took an hour for my food which was NOT good! Then the staff didn't even appologize and seemed more interested in messing around!...would not go back and strongly recommend others to avoid!
Monday 24 May 2010 5.53pm
Odd place, never been terribly successful.
Monday 24 May 2010 8.28pm
amazing how somewhere can go off so quickly...haven't even had a chance to try it yet!!
Thursday 27 May 2010 9.58am
I agree that something has gone wrong with the place very quickly. The landlord and landlady know how to run a pub though - so figners crossed they'll sort it out.

Two of the managers are really nice people, who simply make you feel welcome to the place. Most of the staff there are also very nice.

But I was in the place the other night for a bite to eat - the standard of the food has come down. But worse than this - we ordered two mains and some bread - the person who took our order was so off of his head he couldn't understand us. We should really have left then, but we were both just a little shocked at being served by someone who was clearly on drugs - when we did leave we saw him crossed legged sitting in the middle of the pavement a few streets away. I can only hope the manager sacked him there and then.

I may also sound like a snob - but the place is also becoming a hang out for after work binge drinkers. It's a small pub, so if you get just 3 or 4 loud drunks in there, you have a problem. 5 or 6 and they take over the pub.

Such a shame.
Tuesday 13 July 2010 8.51pm
Hello All!

Just to let you all know that we will be opening for Saturday brunch and Sunday lunch from midday this weekend, 17th and 18th July.

Newly installed as head of the kitchen team, our creative and talented chef Anne Marie is keen to show Southwark just what she can do.

If you wish to book a table, simply call 0207 593 1312.

We very much look forward to seeing you soon,

Timothy White
Thursday 30 September 2010 10.51am
This pub is fab. I've just been for the first time and loved it. The interior was really lovely..glamorous old pub feel (my favourite)...and the food was delicious. A new favourite!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: