The Great Volcano Pall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 17 April 2010 5.47pm
Anyone stuck or stranded? The Professor was meant to fly from Tel Aviv to Ireland today (via London) but he's still here and we went to the movies (Ghost) instead.
Saturday 17 April 2010 7.29pm
Iceland, you really must listen. When your banks defaulted we said we wanted 'CASH' not 'ASH!'
Saturday 17 April 2010 8.01pm
I am due to fly to Iceland on Friday, so hoping the whole island doesn't blow up before I've been and gone. 3 years ago I was tramping over Eyjafjallajökull, seen here:

[Having trouble with my iDisk so no image yet. See here instead]
Sunday 18 April 2010 6.44am
What is there in Iceland that you have to fly to? Are you going to photograph the volcano?
Sunday 18 April 2010 7.39am
BoroughPaul has been in Rome all week - should have flown back on Friday - so instead has had to DRIVE, due back lunchtime today ! Will no doubt be back to regular postings upon his return !
Sunday 18 April 2010 8.32am
No planes over London is great, time for us to all to reassess our travel patterns perhaps?
Sunday 18 April 2010 9.32am
graham wrote:
No planes over London is great, time for us to all to reassess our travel patterns perhaps?
Correct. Apparently grounding planes leads to Global Warming. Everybody must fart to compensate. I believe it's tax-deductible.
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
What is there in Iceland that you have to fly to? Are you going to photograph the volcano?
It's a 10-day tour with another photographer. First we'll head to Snaefellsjokull, the highest mountain, which is the volcano entrance to The Centre Of The Earth in Jules Verne. The 800 mile round trip probably won't be possible since a bridge has been breached to relieve flood pressure. The trip's been planned for a couple of months. Wanna come?
Zoe
Sunday 18 April 2010 1.42pm
I'm looking after a friends puppy but she's stuck in Vienna and I can't wait until she gets back and takes the annoying little dog home before she eats my house or pees on another carpet (she's lovely really, just tiring.)

Could Boroughpaul stop off in Vienna on the way back?
Monday 19 April 2010 6.53am
Dammit, I would come, but I'm stuck here in Israel we cant fly into Europe!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: