Southern cross healthcare

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 18 April 2010 10.25am
yep, the very same one that had a large number of illegal inept staff recently at Tower Bridge Nursing home, has again been at the centre of more suspicous deaths this time not in Southwark and 15 people seemed to have died through being in their care.

About ten years ago several people died in Tower N.Home and we were told that southwark were not using them until changes were made, lets hope for all our vulnerable residents of southwark sake they were made!

How many homes do this company own? Shame we never kept the council run ones...:-(

waffle waffle...a subject very near to my heart nursing homes!
Sunday 18 April 2010 10.59pm
They are a very large company, I think they are based in New Zealand but they have hundreds of homes in Britain.

The quality of care in homes is always a worry - these days they are run as a profit making opportunity rather than a philanthropic concern. The good ones are outrageously expensive.

Mind you, council run homes weren't always great places - anyone remember Nye Bevan Lodge in Camberwell? The mismanagement and cruelty was such that it was closed down.

this is also a subject dear to my heart, as I'm probably going to end up in one!
Monday 19 April 2010 7.59am
That rings a bell Pat, was that the one where some b****d was charging the poor souls a fiver to bathe them? and they only got rumbled when a new member of staff was offered the money after they had bathed them..

The way me and you are going Pat we'll both end up in one! lol we can demand a shared room and moan about the lot of them!
Monday 19 April 2010 11.25pm
That's the one!

I'm going to make one hell of a grumpy old woman - you might want a separate room LOL!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: