Glass attack in Baltic restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 18 April 2010 3.33pm
I did put something in the restaurant review but its been removed?
wrong place to put or someone doesnt want bed review of baltic?

anyway
went there last night with friends, was attacked by 3 polish "hoods" and now have 7 stitches above my eye due to a glass in my face .

the staff let the polish blokes out the back door so as to avois the police.
the blokes were definatly known to the staff.

missed out on dinner but had an enjoyable 6 hours at st thomas's A&E ( the staff there were fantastic, by the way)

Im just wondering if Baltic owners are aware of these individuals and there staffs actions in assisting these reprobates!

I thought i had stopped collecting scars when i gave up rugby. no such luck.

anyway have a good day everyone, i know im having one.

cheers
phil
Sunday 18 April 2010 7.02pm
Very sorry to hear this Phil.

Pehaps a silly question, but have you reported this to the police? Especially if you're (correctly) wanting the owners of the restuarant to know that this has happened.

Regards,

MD
Sunday 18 April 2010 8.20pm
yes , police attended when 2 members of the public rang them. the restaurant staff called 4 minutes after that.
Sunday 18 April 2010 10.27pm
Please ignore this if I'm being nosy, but how exactly did this attack take place? Was it a robbery or were the attackers punters? Where you provoked? I am asking because I quite like the Baltic, went a few times with the missus and was considering going for a family lunch, i.e. take my 2 sons along, but having a re-think now...
Monday 19 April 2010 6.56am
What an incredible story...this is truly scary. One goes out for a meal for an enjoyable evening and some random thugs can do this? I'm truly shocked and well done,phil, for being so philosophical. Hope the scar heals cleanly at least.
Monday 19 April 2010 7.48am
Oh Phil..:-( hope they catch them...I had never been to the Balti and wont go now as I tend to be out with my family when eating out....
thank God it was not in your eye! as Jackie said, hope it heals well.
Monday 19 April 2010 8.28am
So sorry to hear about this shocking incident Phil. On a similar, although nowhere near as serious note, I witnessed a very unpleasant scene in The Ring (next door to Baltic) last Sunday afternoon at around 3.30pm. Nothing will persuade me to go there again and now it seems Baltic is off-limits too. I haven't heard of anything like this in other local bars / pubs, so is it just coincidence that these two adjoining premises are assuming a dodgy reputation?
Monday 19 April 2010 8.59am
Anyone can leg it pretty quick running over the road into the tube station, wonder if they did cctv would be in operation?
Monday 19 April 2010 9.46am
Edward, we were sitting at the bar with drinks and food.
next thing we have 1 polish bloke with the worlds worst aussie accent trying to talk to us and his 2 mates standing there standing and staring. we asked them to move on , even asked the barman to get involved, I went to the toilet, when i came back one of my mates was surrounded by the three of them, ( our other companion was 63 y/o and they left him alone. i stepped betwen them all and basiclly told them to "F" off now. next thing i got glass in face from the bloke standing to my side. dont remember much after that untill it calmed down a bit. we had assistance from a couple who were dining. ( the lady was the 1st to call the police)
The blokes were nowhere to be seen when the police arrived, and the staff had cleaned all traces of us away ( including my blood which on the bar and floor).

These things happen, i know , but not to me and not lately, at 43 i thought i was too old to be involved in this sort of thing.

anyway at work today but will cover up with tape and baseball cap. ( dont want to put off my customers)

cheers
phil
Monday 19 April 2010 11.41am
sorry to hear that phil. stupid, stupid thugs.

I went into the chicken shop by borough tube, the other night, to get chips for tea as it was too late to cook (11pm).

a bunch of youths were in there and they were shouting rude and homophobic vitriol to two men who were innocently walking past, hand in hand.

I challenged these idiots and one of them went to 'get' me but another one of the group physically stopped him and enabled me to get away unscathed. I got the distinct impression that if I was a bloke, I would have been done for, so to speak. Or if it was the side road, away from the lights.

I think it is just everywhere, but I shall indeedy be avoiding that Baltic place now as well. Speak with your feet and money I say.

I hope your face heals quickly.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: