Attack on Great Dover St...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 19 April 2010 12.41am
Saturday night my brother was attacked on Great Dover St after leaving my place(around 9:20pm) by three white men(aged 30-35ish). We think an attempted mugging, (They shouted "get his bag")as he was carrying x2 bags which he managed to hold on to while they kicked & punched him to the floor. I would guess they were junkies looking to get a quick fix. He was lucky that a man in a car stopped to yell at them & they ran away (thank god). Thanks to the intervention, he managed to escape with a few minor bruises & some dented pride. Amazingly it seems that the police had caught them a few moments after as they(stupidly) committed two similar acts in the same area(borough)that day and the police were already searching for them. Ironically my brother wasn't even supposed to be here(he lives in germany) but was stranded due to the volcano eruption, and was on his way to check into his hotel. Please be on your guard fellow neighbors. This happened on a main rd and not too late either. If anybody witnessed this incident I would urge you to contact southwark police station on T:0207 3781212 (apologies for the long post).
Monday 19 April 2010 8.55am
Glad he's okay..he must have been shook up, the local junkies must be desperate, perhaps they have increased security in the little Marks at the garage, they normally run in and pinch a few boxes a chocolate or afew packs of steak!
Monday 19 April 2010 1.26pm
Thanks Jan, yes I think he was a little shook up. I've been living in the area for over 10 years & it's the first time anything like this has happened. Regarding M&S garage, the last time I went there in the night they were only doing counter service & selling no food. Maybe this has deterred the local junkies to robbing defenseless folk on the street. Either way if anyone knows of any related attacks please come forward & lets put these scumbags away.
Monday 19 April 2010 1.41pm
Sorry to hear this story. Where abouts on GDS was this?
Monday 19 April 2010 5.09pm
Sorry to hear. bet your brother not impressed at all.
glad to hear he;s ok.

must be something in the water this past weekend.

Monday 19 April 2010 11.21pm
Se1lurker, this was on the junction of Pilgrimage St & GDS, just after the traffic lights. Thanx bigphil, sorry to hear of your recent incident. I'm glad you chose to approach those idiots & tell em what's what. It seems the area's getting worse & thugs rely on most of us to keep our mouths shut & be intimidated. On a plus note, my brother received a call from the police to say that the men had appeared in court today. So well done to Southwark Police. Now we just have to wait to see what their sentence will be...
Tuesday 20 April 2010 8.30am
They probably will have a drug support officer, who will say they are so sorry...they are going into rehab...again..the judge will remand them ..again..
they will be back on a different street...again..
Tuesday 20 April 2010 2.55pm
I'm inclined to agree with you Jan. No doubt they'll be back on the street. But three attacks in one day? It's hardly an impulsive moment, rather a premeditated affair. I'm no angel either but I say let the punishment fit the crime.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: