Hays Galleria stalls

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 21 April 2010 10.13pm
Was in Boots in Hays Galleria today and they told me that all the stallholders have been given a months notice to close and the stalls are going to be removed. They have a petition for customers to sign to object to this. Seems a shame - I always use the jewellery stall for presents. Does anyone know anything more about this?
Thursday 22 April 2010 9.24am
Yes, I've heard this too. The market traders have set up a new website to promote themselves:

http://www.haysgalleriamarket.com

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 27 May 2010 2.58pm
This was raised at a buiness meeting with the Mayor so I spoke to George (the artist) this morning. I have subsequently written to St Martins and contacted the Council's planning department to see what the extent of the planning restrictions are on the Galleria - and whether any of them might be helpful. It would be a terrible pity if the market traders were lost - they realy add something to the space and most have run thier businesses there for years. Who need another food court anyway?
Saturday 29 May 2010 5.52am
Sorry to disagree but i have thought for years that hays galleria is a rather shabby pointless mall with little going for it despite its great location. the stalls add little of interest to the area and as for Cafe Rouge and next-hardly aspirational or inspirational high street names are they? on the other hand the book shop is nice and cote does a mean confit of duck!
the place is in need of a major makeover
Zoe
Saturday 29 May 2010 8.21am
Hays Galleria is a bit bland, but it's not because of the stalls but the boring high street shops.

You're right, the bookshop is really good and I think it's because it's not a highstreet store.

I would like a better range of stalls, there's room to fit some extra ones in.
Saturday 29 May 2010 8.28am
The only public toilets I knew about used to be in the basement - down the stairs near the phone boxes. Sadly they closed a while back. No so convenient now!
Saturday 29 May 2010 7.06pm
Hays Galleria is a disappointment. I like the bookshop, which has a wide stock, and also Cote, but otherwise it's a remarkably underexploited spot.
Saturday 29 May 2010 10.02pm
My favourite event at the Hays Galleria used to be the Oyster and Seafood Festival. The place seemed doomed since that stopped, so I am not surprised at this further decline. What is it about those in charge that they don't see an opportunity when is slaps them in the face? Incompetent mis-mananagement as per usual, I'd say.
Saturday 29 May 2010 11.23pm
I would dispute that the stalls-strictly speaking barrows -add "little of interest".OK so the market is hardly Portabello , but without the stalls the Galleria would be a sterile characterless space
I wonder if boroughPAUL might have a vested ,nay strong financial interest in getting rid of them...
Sunday 30 May 2010 1.04am
londongirl wrote:
I wonder if boroughPAUL might have a vested ,nay strong financial interest in getting rid of them...
"wonder" away, but as far as I am aware, you are very wide of the mark. Hays Galleria deserves better than the cr@p, 'stictly speaking barrows' that populate the space at the moment.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: