Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 22 April 2010 12.52am
This evening about 6.15 ish I was walking down the Grange, when someone threw a potato at me. It hit my bag, which was lucky, as otherwise it would have hit my leg. the street seemed empty and I didn't hear anyone running away, so I can only assume it came from the flats (the ones behind Grange Road). Anyway, I couldn't see anyone. I noticed some other potatoes lying on the ground nearby, so I guess I wasn't the only one today.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Thursday 22 April 2010 9.25pm
How odd! What a weird thing to throw!
I walked along the Grange this afternoon about 5pm but didn't get any free veg chucked my way! Was it the little white block of flats opposite Grange Yard or the bigger flats with balcony?
Good job you weren't hurt!
Thursday 22 April 2010 9.38pm
Yes! About a month ago, we experienced onions being thrown at us on The Grange. We couldn't see where they were coming from either.
Friday 23 April 2010 12.29am
It was the flats on the left hand side as you go past the car wash place facing towards Abbey St.

Sounds like we have a mad greengrocer lurking around!

It's put me off going down there.
Friday 23 April 2010 6.52am
I know it sounds trivial auntie Pat, but it would have felt like cricket ball had it landed on your face, some morons idea of a joke..how about telling your beat officer? or the southwark news? pehaps one of the neighbours had seen this mad spud chucker!
Friday 23 April 2010 7.52am
I've never heard of spuds being thrown but a couple of years ago standing at the bus stop in Tooley street I got pelted with eggs.
Friday 23 April 2010 9.10am
Yes those are the flats from where the onions seemed to come. We looked up and couldn't see any windows open but we didn't hang around as we have a young baby and I didn't want one to hit him.
Friday 23 April 2010 1.54pm
A lot of shops won't sell eggs to kids anymore, because of the spate of egg-throwing that went on a couple of years ago. Perhaps they need to stop selling them veg as well.

I may well report it as the impact was quite hard.
Friday 23 April 2010 7.12pm
At the eastbound Rodney Place bus stop on the New Kent Road I was hit by a tomato. I believe it was a beefsteak.
Saturday 24 April 2010 2.05am
Pelted with potato!
Another with onions!
And another with eggs!
Spanish Omelette time!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: