Gardening shops for potting compost

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
DiVicenzo Tuesday 27 April 2010 12.06pm
Hi there!

An elderly friend of mine who lives in SE11 near to the Waterloo area has been searching for potting compost far and wide but to no avail. Anyone know of any shops/ outlets where she might some, please?
Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks ☺
Colinio Tuesday 27 April 2010 12.29pm
you can buy stuff that is recycled from veg/food waste at the council recycling depot off Walworth Road - 5 for a big bag if I recall
DiVicenzo Tuesday 27 April 2010 12.31pm
Thanks - that's a good idea - I'll let her know...
Cheers ☺
paulse1 Tuesday 27 April 2010 1.16pm
B&Q on the Old Kent Road. Their multi purpose compost is usually cheaper and it came out tops in recent surveys. I use it all the time.
DiVicenzo Tuesday 27 April 2010 1.17pm
Great! Thanks! Another good idea I can pass onto her ☺
mcobby Tuesday 27 April 2010 1.28pm
There always the garden center in East Dulwich (http://www.dulwichgardencentre.co.uk/), although it can be more expensive than B&Q.
Moira Less Tuesday 27 April 2010 2.19pm
the household section of the Tool Bar on Lower Marsh usually have some - no idea how the cost compares.
graham Tuesday 27 April 2010 2.20pm
Please make sure it is 'Peat free' the companies that extract it were given licenses when it was extracted by hand in sites of Special scientific interest - now they dig it on an industrial scale, ruining the habitat of loads of threatened species including butterflies & birds.
DiVicenzo Tuesday 27 April 2010 2.23pm
Thanks everyone - I wills end all your ideas onto her!
You have been very helpful!
Ivanhoe Tuesday 27 April 2010 3.37pm
And, at this time of year, it's not unusual to find it at petrol stations.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions