Smoking outside London Bridge and surrounding streets

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 8 of 10
Thursday 6 May 2010 5.17pm
that is exactly the same things that were said by smokers quite indignant to be told that they could not chain smoke in the office environment anymore.

take a chill pill.

go outside for a five minute breath of fresh air.

get a job elswhere.

the problem is the person who does not want some one else's smoke in their face whilst they carry on their business and not with the person causing the nuisance in the first place.

does not compute...head blows up.
Thursday 6 May 2010 5.32pm
Bloggie wrote:
live and let live? I'll remember that when I see some person mug or attack another person, or someone hit another person with their car and drive off whilst leaving knocked over person bleeding on the ground.
my new mantra, 'live and let live'.

are you going to live and let live when I set fire to your pants then? :-) afterall, I am living and let living others who burn my innocent lungs as I'm just trying to walk and mind my own polite self outside.

it goes both ways my friend.

You want locking up in a padded cell. It's a bit of a left-field leap to equate being a bit more tolerant of each other to standing by passively when someone is in urgent need of assistance.

And calm down, it's scary how over-excited you're getting.
Thursday 6 May 2010 5.39pm
Urgent need of assistance? Just because lung cancer is a slow burner, does not make it less of an urgent assistance in not getting started in the first place.

Live and let live means not killing bystanders or passersby.

Your words, and I quote, "live and let live", goes against smokers who light up and blow second hand smoke into people's breathing spaces.

a circle.
a full circle I believe.
Thursday 6 May 2010 5.50pm
Bloggie wrote:
Urgent need of assistance? Just because lung cancer is a slow burner, does not make it less of an urgent assistance in not getting started in the first place.
Live and let live means not killing bystanders or passersby.

Your words, and I quote, "live and let live", goes against smokers who light up and blow second hand smoke into people's breathing spaces.

a circle.
a full circle I believe.

I notice in another thread that you're a motorist. What good are your exhaust fumes doing for people's lungs?

It's well documented that areas that have a lot of vehicle pollution shortens life expectancy for the residents.

Especially galling since you're driving a car old enough (and therefore presumably more polluting) to require an MOT.
Thursday 6 May 2010 5.55pm
I, too, have been following this thread, with mixed feelings.

Consideration. Hm. The alternative 'C' word, which has long disappeared from most people's mind-sets, over the last decade or so.

I struggle to stay stopped; I hate it. Always have. I 'contribute' to the pollution of the world, but I try not to offend others. I make an effort.

It's not difficult.
Thursday 6 May 2010 6.01pm
Burn all smokers.

Destroy all cars.

Stamp on cyclists - and their bikes.

Jail red-light jumpers.

Nuke the whales.
Thursday 6 May 2010 8.15pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
Burn all smokers.
Destroy all cars.

Stamp on cyclists - and their bikes.

Jail red-light jumpers.

Nuke the whales.

Way to go BSB, now you're talking, 86 the car destroying suggestion and spare the whales, make it stamp very very hard on cyclists and their bikes and jail with no parole for red light jumpers, (not me of course, you do mean cyclists only don't you?) and I'll join the club.
Friday 7 May 2010 10.21am
hmmm, wonders how many lorries and fuel fumes and carbon footprints and animals killed in by vivisection, all in the name of making ciggies safe. laughs at the irony of it all.

live and let bollox up this planet. new motto already in use by some people who smoke and are afraid to admit they are embarassed by it...

I smoked when I was a lot younger but then I realised the errors of my ways and got a bit wiser. I don't blow smoke into people's face now.
Friday 7 May 2010 1.33pm
Bloggie wrote:
hmmm, wonders how many lorries and fuel fumes and carbon footprints and animals killed in by vivisection, all in the name of making ciggies safe. laughs at the irony of it all.
live and let bollox up this planet. new motto already in use by some people who smoke and are afraid to admit they are embarassed by it...

I smoked when I was a lot younger but then I realised the errors of my ways and got a bit wiser. I don't blow smoke into people's face now.

I speak as a motorist myself by the way. The point I am making is that you are being a hypocrite. You have no business getting on your high horse about smokers polluting and stinking up the atmosphere when you do exactly the same whilst driving your car.
Friday 7 May 2010 2.02pm
Wow...what a lot of high horses being "roped" into this thread

Just waiting for a smoker to accept that their habit is remarkably offensive to some and to accept that maybe simple consideration, as has been mentioned sooooooooooo often here too, would allow them to understand that maybe out of the main thoroughfare of all (smokers and non alike) would be just that little bit nicer for everyone

And as for cars and hypocracy that is a completely different topic....so why don't we stick to the theme and not use other things to justify what we do or we'll end up thinking we shouldn't turn the lights on (pollution from power stations???). This is about smoking and not polluting.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 8 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network